Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alanna
Beginner June 2023 Nova Scotia

Bouquets

Alanna, on July 24, 2022 at 09:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
What is everyone’s thoughts on bridesmaid bouquets? Any wedding I’ve been to the bouquets have been lost or left somewhere, so I sort of feel like they’re a waste of money. Is anyone using any alternates? Or do you think it’s a must for the bridesmaids to have them?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on August 14, 2022 at 03:30
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee and her MOH/bridesmaids are using artificial flowers (silk) bought on Amazon. Considerably less expensive than a floral bouquet so no one has to worry too much about losing them.
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a small bouquet thats made of dried floral elements but one of my bridesmaid for her wedding had her bridesmaid hold a single sunflower which was a cute idea and her wedding was so beautiful!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't wait to see the photos your day will be perfect, so excited for youSmiley shame

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks babes
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s perfect and such a great new idea!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the lanterns going down the aisle!!! I really feel like lanterns are more me ❤️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can always use corsages instead of bouquets. Or skip flowers all together for something else. I've seen people use clutches.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The one wedding I was in, we have ours back to the bride to sell (it was silk flowers).

Im doing similar to Carine with the hoop. I think they look so nice and unique, especially during photos and what not. Then its a little more "usable" than a bouquet.

But I have seen all kinds of alternatives to flowers. Lantern like Stephanie showed, books, fans, candles, windchimes, ect.

Also, I have seen bridesmaid have 1 single flower (then a bit less of a "waste").

• Shannon
    Newbie June 2023 Alberta
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think getting some silk flowers is fine. Make some cute bouquets that are like $5-10 each and call it day Smiley smile. That’s my plan. I’ve seen parasols as well.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stephanie, I LOVE THIS!!! I wish I had thought of this. I have a collection of lanterns. I'm having two for memorial seating and then lanterns going down the aisle. But this would have been a perfect idea.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with rings, this way the girls can keep them and hang them on their walls or do whatever they want after the fact, or they can give them ack to me and I'll hang them. Since I am not huge on flowers this is what they are getting, it matches my bouquet. My venue also offers bouquets so I will be using their bouquets for the bouquet toss and memorial seating for my mom and his grandfather. Some only do 1 lily, or one flower, it's your wedding it's up to you what you want them to wear and hold.

Bouquets 1

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not a must have but it's something to do with their hands when they walk down the aisle. We used our bouquets for the head table after.

Bouquets 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lotus flowers were used with battery Tealights for our MOHs processional purpose. Bouquets 3

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had vases with water on the head table so everyone could put their flowers in the water to keep them fresh. The next day when we were cleaning up I took them all home and one of my bridesmaids took all the bouquets and pressed/dried them.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going with lanterns, like this
    Bouquets 4

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My moh is having a bouquet. I think is just goes with the wedding and it matches my bouquet and gives it that pop of color. But honestly do what you wanna do if you don't want to have your bridesmaids to carry one, you don't have to!

My moh will be leaving it on the head table for the evening for the reception to make sure it doesn't get lost

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics