Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nadia
Curious August 2018 Alberta

Bouquet toss. Yay or nay?

Nadia, on January 14, 2018 at 00:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 25
Hi ladies, most of my female guests are engaged and married. Should I do a bouquet toss?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 19, 2018 at 11:32
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is totally up to you. I think the bouquet and garter toss are traditions that are on their way out it seems. I didn't do either at my wedding.

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was looking online at photographers and I came across a blog where she mentioned the couple she was photographing opted out of a bouquet toss. Instead, they had all the married couples on the dance floor, and as they danced the couples who were married the shortest amount of time left until the couple who had been married the longest was left out on the floor - they then got the bouquet. Not sure what all the details were, but I thought it was a very sweet!

• M
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Mariz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this idea! Will definitely keep this in mind!
  • S
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay for the toss! Why not takes 30 seconds it’s tradition!
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really liking the idea of the "The person who catches it gets a price"! Makes it a nice game to add on to as well.

We're not going to do the bouquet toss tho, also because our bouquet / flowers are going to be paper with a fancy (probably hard and so potentially painful) handle on it. Don't really wanna hurt anyone haha
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like these ideas and we will be doing both. Wish.ca has cute bouquets for cheap so now I may do one for all the not married ladies and one for the longest married couple. The garter toss I like the idea of a bottle of whiskey but in my FHs case I'm sure it would be a bottle of fireball he'd give away.
  • Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this idea!!!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many awesome ideas on this post! I love it.
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do the bouquet toss or the garter - we did have a really fun game for the centrepiece giveaway hosted by the DJ!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped it...I think we had a total of 4 single guests at our wedding.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing the bouquet or garter toss. Honestly, I don't want the extra attention. If you really want to do it, just open it up to all the ladies. It can be fun for those in attendance! Just take out the traditional "whoever catches it will be the next to marry" and make it something else!

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not doing one, nor are we going to do the garter toss.. Everyone i know is also engaged or married. and its a few things less to worry about and enjoy time more with family and friends. That's why they are there Smiley smile

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many clever ideas on here! That's what I love about this community

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to be tossing my bouquet but I’ll be creating a smaller bc I want to keep my original bouquet. Though I haven’t figured out if I want the married or single women on the dance floor.

I want to make it fun for everyone Soo we shall see what we do.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not a fan of bouquet tosses, so I'm passing on that tradition. My sister-in-law gave her bouquet to the oldest married couple present rather than the bouquet toss, which I thought was really cool. Maybe something like that would be appropriate?

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been to a wedding where he majority of the guests were engaged, married or too young to be either so they also did a prize for whoever caught the bouquet/garter and it was quite interesting, everyone loved it!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Completely up to yourself. If you want to do that then by all means go for it, make a cheaper bouquet to do the toss.

I won't be doing just a personal preference. I told my FH that if he wanted to the garter toss then I would do bouquet toss but he no so works out better for me Smiley smile

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can get a cheap bouquet just for tossing, that's what I'm going to do! That way my nice bouquet will stay nice lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing a toss. I figure I'm spending money on my bouquet.. I want to enjoy it!

• Nadia
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies for your helpful comments. I know what to do now ♡
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a good idea!!! I might just steal this myself. I've never heard of this and I love the originality!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I absolutely love that idea! Keeps the traditional aspect but puts a fun modern twist on it!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing prizes for our tosses! Garter toss will win a bottle of whisky, and bouquet toss will get a “relaxing bath time” basket. We’re hoping that prizes will make it a little more fun and not quite so “outdated”
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same boat and I'm undecided so far as to what to do. Either bouquet toss or have all the married couples dance and have the dj tell them to sit down depending on how many years married they are and give the bouquet to the couple that's been married the longest.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say yay! Engaged girls are still considered single so they can participate, plus I think it's such a fun wedding tradition! Maybe even change it up from whoever catches gets married next to something else fun and something that will get the girls participating. Make it your own 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics