Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanielarson
Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia

Bought a wedding dress i no longer like

Stephanielarson, on January 31, 2017 at 03:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I had been to 3 shops already and I had finally narrowed down The style I liked with my MOH. I planned two days of appointments with my mom this time because my MOH was busy and we were getting close to the cut off date . First appointment was on Wednesday and then I had booked 3 more for the following day. Problem is... I found a dress I liked at the shop I went to on Wednesday and if I bought it that day I would get 20% off. Amazing right? Not for me, I hate feeling pressured to do anything. I thought I liked it, it looked great on my body and it had most of the things I wanted but I felt pressured. I stepped outside the store to take a breather and to send some photos to my MOH. She liked it from the photos but it didn't give much detail. I couldn't decide but my mom loved it so I went back in and tried it in again. I felt major pressure from the sales associate and my mom (because she loved it) so I bought it. Bam! 50% deposit, no refunds as usual. We got in the car and I immediately started crying. It's been two weeks and I still feel like I don't like it. Am I crazy? How do I get myself to like the dress? Has this happened to anyone else?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Linda, on January 13, 2021 at 13:10
  • Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my! I’m so sorry. What don’t you like about it? Can you make any small changes so that it’s your dream dress again? I unfortunately, never fell back in love with my dress. I never picked it up and purchased another dress for $2000. If I could go back in time I still wouldn’t pick up the dress I hated but I would buy a dress from Lulus.com. Have you checked Jed them out? They have a bridal section and they really do have beautiful white dresses for $100-$200. Check them out if you really can’t fall back in love with your dress. All the best!
  • B
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Banaan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I custom made a dress with little knowledge of what I liked & dont like (EVEN THO IVE TRIED ON LOTS OF DRESSES) & I absolutely hate it..... & no budget for another dress 🥲🥲🥲
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Natasha. It's a big commitment and more money than we normally spend on clothes so of course you're going to second guess yourself. Do you think you still would have bought it if you hadn't felt pressured? It sounds like it will look amazing on you and you were happy with it initially!

Can you go back to the shop and try it on again with your MOH? It's so hard to see all the little things from pictures so maybe that's why she didn't go crazy about it over text. If there's something majorly wrong with the dress, then you might want to consider forfeiting the deposit and finding another dress. If you really liked it but don't like that you were pressured, you should hold on to the dress. It will be so different once you try on "your" dress and the alterations are made.

Do you have any pics you can show us?

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this happens alot .. I still feel this way about my dress and it doesnt come in until April,,,, i second guess myself .. but as my MOH and my mom say just wait till you have it on again all fitted and you will rememebr why you chose it and how it made you feel the moment you had it on!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress regret is real!! I literally had the exact same thing happen. I was torn between 2 dresses but if I bought from the store I did they took a percentage off and threw in a bunch of stuff free (like my veil). Well my mom went and put the deposit down and I spent weeks freaking out about it. My MOH had to talk me down reassuring me it was gorgeous and the other dress would have cost as much after all my alterations (cost was part of my freak out). Hearing the specifics of what looked good and worked heroes me feel ok... but when they dress came in and I tried it on again ALL doubt was gone!! If you can't wait until it comes in your size, maybe book another appointment to try it on. Our see if they'll move your deposit to another dress of you find you're REALLY unhappy with it.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh noo! I'm so sorry to hear this Stephanie! It's not nice to feel pressured... Buying your dress is such an exciting moment for you and everyone around. I'm sure they meant well... but this is too bad. Now let's see if we can find a solution. Smiley heart How is your dress like? What don't you like about it? Or what would you have preferred to have on your wedding dress?

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Stephanielarson, I'm so sorry to hear this. Dress shopping is suppose to be a milestone in a brides life and you should not have be pressured in buying a dress you don't like. I have never been in this position, but if you don't feel right about the dress this could mean that you need to look again. In this case if you buy the dress, you can resale it as brides are looking for dresses and get the dream dress you want or try the dress again and note what you like and dislike and see if this is the one you wish to wear on your wedding day. Hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics