Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious November 2018 Ontario

Boring Wedding?

Sarah, on March 9, 2018 at 16:20 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

Hello, I worry about everything... so my latest worry is that our wedding is going to be boring! We have an awesome DJ, but I'm worried people won't want to dance, and get bored. What are you doing to keep your guests entertained?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 12, 2018 at 14:41
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about it. There are always going to be people who want to dance. We didn't have any games to entertain our guests. People either danced, mingled or hung out at the fire pit.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My DJ's got games up his sleeve and we also talked about a possible play on Lip Sync Battle (winners take home centrepiece)
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG this is a worry of mine too! I've been having reoccurring nightmares about it and have been trying to remind myself that as long as there's music, people should dance.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have Carribean dancers for our intro, cigar roller, photobooth and a very special games to play with our guests
  • Debra
    Newbie July 2018 Manitoba
    Debra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! What are some of the things that you have planned? Always looking for ideas here!

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photo booth is a great idea for entertaining guests. If they don’t like a song or don’t have a date for a slow dance, the photo booth is a fun distraction for people. Lots of props and they will have a blast with it. Many DJs will also offer ideas for little games to keep people interested
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A wedding will never be boring if you have good people, good food and good music! People like to mingle and dance, so don't stress too much.

I'm not doing any games at mine, but you can always do some at yours!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your DJ is a wedding DJ then he should be able to pitch some games to play throughout the night. My wedding feels almost too jam packed as we have a ton of stuff going on, but that's because I had the same fear as you lol also depends on the crowd you've invited, my family is very animated and fun loving. If yours is more laid back then maybe you won't need anything more
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think people are pretty good at entertaining themselves during weddings. A photo booth is nice entertainment or I have seen board games for people who don’t like to dance. My friend put a little notebook on every table for people to write advice or date ideas or something sweet to the couple. Then, they would read it a particular month after their wedding (I was at table 12 so they would read ours 12 months after getting married.)
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have similar worries but i think at weddings people like to drink and mingle- we arn't having a DJ but we will have a photo booth to keep guests entertained and music in the background.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics