Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carmela
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Booking a florist?

Carmela, on February 24, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
How far in advance does everyone book their florist?
Right now I’m just browsing some floral vendors and their cost and so far the average cost is around ****$ (Vaughan Wedding). Is this to high? Or average?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on February 26, 2018 at 13:47
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked my florist about a year out. I wanted to secure all my top choices for vendors well in advance.

As many people have said it depends on what you're asking for for cost. My flowers are just above $1000. But we're only have 8 tables and minimal other flowers.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying just over $2000 for a wedding of around 100. I love flowers so ours was more expensive. We have my bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 4 boutonnieres, all of our tables will have tall centrepieces, and she is also decorating our ceremony with drapery, two large arrangements to move inside after the ceremony and put on each side of the head table, and a custom wreath that will be used for our backdrop which will then be taken apart and used as greenery for our head table.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going this week to 2 different local florists to see what we can do for boutineres and bouquets. We will be doing our own flowers from Costco for the center pieces. But go in store and not online more selection.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on what type of flowers and how big your Center pieces are. I’m having a small wedding and my florals will be about $1000.00 (4 bouquets, 12 boutonnière, archway, pieces along the isle and two big planter style) but my florist is also my cousin...and I’m having a lot of wild picked florals
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry I should have also mentioned, we are having 200 guest, at least 20 tables with large centre pieces but our venue has extremely high ceilings, we have 6 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, at least 12 boutonnieres. So it can get expensive very fast.

Thank you for everyones comments! They have been very helpful.

• Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoa! That seems like a lot, but I think the better question is: how many guests are you having and what is the size of your bridal party? Both of those factor into the number of centrepieces and bouquets you need. We are having a wedding of about 100-120 guests but only having a MOH and Best Man, flower girl and ring bearer and our florist is charging us about $1500-$2000 but she is also providing additional items like drapery and garland for the arbor, as well as a wedding backdrop and floral wreath. She is also local so the delivery and setup fee is nominal.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s dependent on how much you care about flowers. I care very little about flowers, so I just booked the florist at Sobeys the other day. Much better prices and it was very easy. And they didn’t mind at all that my wedding is less than 3 months away.
  • Joyann
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got quoted $5,000 too. Totally crazy! My wedding planner (who specializes in florals) is doing them for $2,000. This includes delivery and setup, 6 tall centerpieces, 6 small centerpieces, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 bride bouquet, flowers for our sweetheart table and an arrangement for the entrance to our reception, candles and miscellaneous items. Make sure you’re only using in season flowers to save on costs. Shop around!
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, that seems really expensive for flowers unless you're getting gold and diamond encrusted roses or something.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went the artificial route (paper flowers) and ordered my bouquets and boutonnieres from Etsy. I ordered them 6 months in advance and they were about $500 for 7 bouquets, 7 boutonnieres and 4 corsages.

Here's what my bouquet looks like:

Booking a florist? 1

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That seems really expensive. I’m in London Ontario and paying just over $1000, which is not the cheapest option here. I’m fairly certain (or I hope at least) that you can find beautiful flowers at more reasonable prices. Smiley smile
  • Shadow-Rae
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Shadow-Rae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my Lord! $5000 😮
    I'm spending $500 for flowers! I am probably far under your guest count!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics