Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Bonfire attire

Charlotte, on June 2, 2021 at 21:37 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
So we are having an outdoor, rustic backyard wedding. Ceremony in the later afternoon before dinner, speeches, dances.... After we plan to have a bonfire. We don’t want our attire smelling like smoke so we’ll do a quick outfit change before going to the bonfire. My fiancée has a tuxedo T-shirt he wants to wear. I’m trying to figure out what I should wear. I feel like I’d probably want some kind of pants. I’m hopping to do up a denim jacket to use even at dinner that I could also use at the fire - but it’s a diy and first time so we’ll see how it turns out! Has anyone done this before? What did you do? How’d it go? If not, what would you wear?

*its in the summer but does get cooler in the evening - guests will be aware of this, and can stay and change if they’d like*

3 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on June 4, 2021 at 08:37
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh this is so exciting!! A bonfire 🔥
    Make sure you walk with bug spray AND if you have egg trays, walk with them and burn them, I heard they keep the mosquitoes away. And blanket.

It depends on how comfortable you want to be. You can wear a jeans and lovely white sweater. If it was me, I would be extra and wear a nice white summer maxi dress. Anything you wear would work nice with your jean jacket!
    Let us know why you decide!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd go for pants to help protect against mosquito bites. Maybe some kind of light coloured cotton legging similar to work or golf pants? Pair that with a white polo (could be sleeveless, t-shirt, or long sleeved) and you can look stylishly casual. And it'll coordinate even if you throw your jean jacket on top.

For gents, if you prefer they don't go too casual (graphic tee and jeans, or athletic shorts lol), you can suggest they wear chinos and a polo.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a bonfire/camping type of wedding several years ago and it was very casual. I think everyone including the couple basically changed into jeans after the ceremony. But if you don't want to go quite that laidback you could always get a nice midi or maxi dress and pair it with your jean jacket. Also make sure to have blankets handy in case it gets chilly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics