Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Black friday registry

Samtam, on November 29, 2016 at 02:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hey Brides and Grooms!

I wanted to pass along some registry experience! We didn't do this intentionally but it worked out really well that we got married just before Black Friday because now that we're fulfilling our registries, we got some awesome deals! Our main registry was through Macy's and after our wedding, they send you a 20% discount to use for 6 months after your wedding. We were able to use that on top of the Black Friday deals and save hundreds of dollars and maximize our budget! (The additional 20% worked online on top of the sales but not in store.)

If you are getting married within 6 months of Black Friday, I would recommend waiting to see what deals they'll have before fulfilling your registries. We were also able to return a few items that were bought at full price and then re-buy them at the discounted prices. (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!) Also they didn't have enough of the plates in stock that we had registered for so we called Macy's and they said that while they couldn't give us a rain check or let us back order them, they did tell us when they would be back in stock and that they would honor the pricing for us. Don't be afraid to ask! Weddings are expensive so we need all the help we can get! Smiley winking Happy shopping!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on December 2, 2016 at 12:54
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we definitely feel like adults now! Haha some days we're still like "are we old enough to be married?"

And I am def very lucky that my husband loves purple too!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this set Sam!! It even stays within your favourite colours! It has purple! Smiley winking It must feel so nice to be able to update your set and get stuff for your home as husband and wife Smiley catface

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is fabulous advice!!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie! We have been living off my husband's plates and cookware from college so I've been really looking forward to upgrading! We got our own place about a year ago and registered shortly after which was perfect timing because we knew what we did and didn't need. I'm really looking forward to having more than 4 bowls and plates so we can have more people over! Smiley xd

We ordered our casual bowls, a saucier and a stoneware batter bowl. (We were very fortunate to receive all of our fine china off the registry so we'll be purchasing our casual china ourselves.) We're still trying to decide what other pots and pans we want to invest in. They were out of our plates but luckily they said they would honor the price! They should be back in stock in a few days. This is the set we chose for everyday use.

Everyday Set

Everyday Set

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay! Happy to help! Smiley shame

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is amazing Advice !! i am totally going to take advantage of this !!! thanks Sam !!!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a great tip! Thanks for sharing Sam! Smiley heart What was on your registry? What did you get? Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's freaking awesome!!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good advice! Thanks Smiley smile