Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Binge watching bridal shows

Katherine, on March 3, 2017 at 10:17 Posted in Famous weddings 0 24
My work is slow right now so I find myself bing watching bridal shows... Bridezilla, 4 weddings, wedding SOS, ect... My current favorite is married at first sight... What bridal shows is everyone else into? Is it a guilty pleasure or is it research?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 13, 2018 at 18:55
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eek... that sounds like my biggest nightmare!
    I saw a woman who was proposed to at Disney World, but the catch was they were getting married RIGHT THERE, RIGHT THEN, he had her family, the dress, a marching band, the works....

I would have lost it. No way. No how. Call me bridezilla, but I spent too long dreaming about my wedding to have it all over and done from engagement to I Do's in an hour.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I were watching one called "cheapest weddings". It was moderately horrifying but also kinda cool/funny.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I watched part of an episode of "Don't tell the Bride" where the groom plans the wedding and so it's a complete surprise to the bride!

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha, those are great t.v shows. I love watching "Say Yes to the dress" even though I would not wear any of the dresses they put on. Its just the whole idea of going into a store, trying it on, and getting that whole experience. I haven't gone dress shopping, but I hope its something like this.

• Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like 4 weddings, with the exception of the catty girls! I like seeing the different weddings and what was important in one wedding versus another.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My guilty pleasure is 90 Day Fiance! My fiance thinks it's nuts that I watch it. He is against all reality tv. I can't even claim it's for research because the weddings are so fast and the people barely know each other.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s definitely research!

This has inspired me to enjoy my sick day in bed with some wedding shows 🙌🏻☺️
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really liked 4 weddings as well! As well as say yes to the dress!
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Four Weddings Canada and Say Yes to the Dress. I can't say that I have heard of the other two.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen many of these shows but I just find they promote big spending and over the top ideas. I try to keep things in perspective. Today's weddings are extravagant and that's fine if you have 30 or 40 thousand dollars burning a hole in your pocket. Most of us work hard for our money and wedding shows tend to make you feel like you should be doing more, whether you can afford it or not.

• K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so glad I'm not the only one addicted!! lol

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love all of these! But I don't have cable and haven't bothered streaming them! Since we're on the topic, see below!
    http://www.purewow.com/entertainment/surprising-say-yes-to-the-dress-facts?utm_medium=email&utm_source=national&utm_campaign=21158&utm_content=food_editorial

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say Four Weddings, Say yes to the dress and Rich Bride, Poor Bride!Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

you need some crazy dancing too

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's such an interesting concept! Collin and I have talked about it and think that if we had been matched on Married at First Sight, that it would have worked out because we were perfect for each other from our very first meeting! We're glad though that we did get to plan the wedding together and had more time to get to know each other. Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVED married at first sight- I did only watch the first season...but it was facsinating! It is something I might have been willing to try if I hadn't found my FH already.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is why open bar is the best! Wedding could have been garbage, but I remember it as a good time because I drank a bunch and ate some good food! What else do you need?!?

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha ha sounds like a good time to me!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man... there was one where the woman had a flip book booth and I IMMEDIATELY started searching for how much they were (surprisingly not TERRIBLE, but still out of my price range). But I found them really helpful for things like, how to keep guests comfortable, timing, what order to do things... that kind of stuff. I've only been to 3 weddings in my life and I was in 1 and SUPER drunk most of the night so I don't remember much of it LOL (it was my brothers and the drama was just way too much... and the bartender just kept pouring those doubles... good time)

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha ha this is my worry that is why I have just stayed away all together .. I already have enough ideas floating through my head lol

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Say Yes to the Dress! 4 Weddings is ok but I feel like a lot of the weddings aren't realistic for most people because it's better for TV that way. My husband and I watch it together sometimes on weekends though and enjoy guessing who we think will win!

I watched the first 2 seasons of Married at First Sight and then the most recent one. I think it's an interesting concept and it worked well the first season! Which is your favourite couple? I love Doug and Jamie from Season 1 and Lily and Tom from Season 4.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had to stop watching, they kept giving me ideas and it's too late for new projects. But my fav was 4 Weddings. Hate the cattiness, but I liked seeing things from a guests POV so it made me keep things in mind I might have otherwise not thought of

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha ha, I have stayed away from these shows for my sanity

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My top 2 are say yes to the dress and 4 weddings! I don't have cable though so if I want to watch anything, it has to be online or from me downloading it. so it makes it harder!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics