Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charity
Curious June 2023 Ontario

Biggest lesson learned while wedding planning + advice?

Charity, on February 28, 2022 at 23:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 10
Hi all! 😊

Wondering what is something big that you have learned while planning your wedding and/or advice for all of us who have just started planning.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 12, 2022 at 21:32
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The biggest lesson I learned from the planning process is drama from the family and husband to be at the time to absorb while trying to keep positive about everything going smoothly. It wasn't easy and to say the least remarks from my parents home going into my home and fiance then to say something about it too. Another lesson is to not take away from cultural wedding despite of it being gay or not; and missing out on the aspects of pre events while watching others go through it.

• Charity
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Charity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone! thank you all so much for your advise and sharing your experiences. I enjoyed reading each one. I really appreciate it all and will keep them all in mind!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everything everyone is saying, including Carmel. I really had to learn it the hard way with stressing about guests list with my family. And with choosing my wedding dress at first. I listened to what my father had to say (he came at my first dress shopping and he’s so old school). Bought the dress, kept thinking about it over and over. So I went again to another shopping with mum when she was looking for her dress. And I found the best dress for me (was the only one left— perfect size for me and everything. That eased my stress after. Haha!

But yeah, remember it’s you and your fiancé’s big day. Don’t let anyone else stress you out for no reason. Make sure you have a day of coordinator, it helps a lot. Depends on the time you want to start your ceremony, don’t let them delay your time. They delayed my time because “enough people were not there yet”. And I did not have my phone on me, my day of coordinator had mine. I guess they didn’t want me to stress. But yeah. Just realize little things that don’t go your way won’t wreck your day with your SO.
    Happy planning and take self-care day. I wish I did! Ahha
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Take breaks from wedding planning! That has really helped my stress management!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are so many things you can't control so be prepared for things to go wrong. Just remember most people won't notice so once the day hits you'll have to go work the flow. Instead of stressing do your best to be in the moment and enjoy the love around you....
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Remember at the end of the day it's your big day... it's what you want and people should understand that and enjoy every moment!! The day will fly by so fast
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just enjoy every moment of planning and don't let other people voice what should happen. It's you and your fiance's big day not theirs! And don't let the little things stress you out! My fiance and I have had to postpone twice thanks to covid and we've learned to just remember that this is OUR wedding day and the day will come

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Remember that hiccups won't ruin your perfect day!

This!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like said below, don't ask for opinions or discuss options with anyone except your fiance unless you really want opinions. To keep friends and family in the loop just let them know the decisions that have been made - you can't change those usually haha. Try not to stress, there's a lot to do at the beginning and then most things can be done slowly or can't be done until closer to. Remember that hiccups won't ruin your perfect day! We had some things go wrong but it didn't matter at all and it was the absolute best day!
  • R
    Curious October 2022 Alberta
    Rhiannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Enjoy every moment of planning, and you and your fiancés opinions are the ones that mean the most.
    I was getting to many opinions on things and I got extremely overwhelmed about things and it made it very hard for us to make decisions.
    Happy wedding planning! 🤍💍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics