Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Seleena
Super September 2019 British Columbia

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours?

Seleena, on April 1, 2019 at 11:26

Posted in DIY 46

I am currently working on the largest DIY project for my wedding. So far, I have spent about 14 (give or take) hours on it. I have only completed 23 of 110 strands! 🤯 It is actually pretty fun to work on knowing what the final project will look like. I am keeping them together by stacking them and...
I am currently working on the largest DIY project for my wedding. So far, I have spent about 14 (give or take) hours on it. I have only completed 23 of 110 strands! 🤯
It is actually pretty fun to work on knowing what the final project will look like. I am keeping them together by stacking them and using paper clips to label them for where they will go on the strand.

What is your biggest or most exciting DIY?

cfb_44709.jpg

cfb_44711.jpg

cfb_44713.jpg

46 Comments

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! Oh that sounds like it will be beautiful! I love doors and lights as backdrops 😍
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So cool! I had seen that when I was looking for possible backdrops. I’m excited to see the final project!

My biggest one was a word cloud I made. I don’t have a picture on my phone, but I had found words at michaels on sale; they said things like love, kiss, beauty, wonderful, amazing, cute, mr and mrs. I painted them our wedding colours and placed them in a heart shape. The painting took longer than expected because I had to do a white layer first in order to get the colour as vibrant as I wanted. Then, I had to do a couple layers of the colour.
    I’m the type of person who gets an idea and gets really excited at first, but it doesn’t last. So, I spent quite a few months not working on it and had to spend the last few days before the wedding adding the final coat of paint and placing it in shape.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Can't wait to see the final look! My biggest has been the backdrop. Which I am not 100% sure what to do. I have some parts so far.. doors, sparkly lights and so farth

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay! Can’t wait to see all your finished products 🙂 I am also making place cards & super simple candle centrepieces to go with my table runner
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! For sure I will! Hopefully it turns out how I have it in my head lol
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s so pretty! I didn’t even know florists carried leaves 🙈
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The biggest projects we have is the centrepieces and all the stationary! The stationary is bigger since I need to start the invitations now, RSVPs once we decide on food, table numbers and place cards when we get most of our RSVPs back. I also have signs I'm doing as well.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow you're so talented! Be sure to post a picture of your final product!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far this will be one of my biggest but I'm waiting until the florist shops have leaves so it will wait until around end of August or early September to get started:

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 1

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 5, but it seems like its going by so fast!

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean! The Pinterest wedding vs reality lol
    I love the cricut! My niece has one and she is making my place cards with it! I haven’t seen them yet but I’m sure they’ll look amazing. I am a perfectionist also so it’s difficult delegating tasks to other people 😬 Good thing I still have 6 months left!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! I have a pretty specific vision of what I want, and not the budget to match.

Thankfully I am pretty crafty, my cricut helps with making all my signage, and paper flowers, place cards etc.. Most of that stuff I am stuck to fend for myself. FH is not very skilled in the art department. And I am too much of a perfectionist and have things in my head a certain way to delegate to others haha.

But he is good with the tools! So that is where he stepped up and I am very grateful. It is saving us a buttload of money compared to rentals and etc.

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh that is awesome! I totally thought about doing a giant game but I am not very handy in the wood cutting department.
    Glad to see someone else putting so much work into their wedding (and that FH is helping you) 🙂
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What an Awesome project !

We are doing way too much haha . But so far the most time consuming has been oversized marquee letters. They are 2.5 feet tall for MR & MRS in front of the head table. we did a smaller scale B & J to hang from the back drop we will build too. These will be painted silver glitter. And a Giant like 4 ft P that we are turning in to our guest book and home decor. All hand drawn and measured. And the FH spent two days cutting out with a Jig. We still aren’t done 😂

We are also debating building the 5 ft light up LOVE letters. And we are currently working on giant connect 4 too !

Biggest diy Project Ever-what is yours? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics