Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

bhldn Wedding Dress

Valérie, on October 1, 2017 at 15:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Just wondering if any of you have ordered their dresses from BHLDN? If so, how was your experience?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Anya, on February 12, 2018 at 10:54
  • Anya
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Anya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your response is very helpful Kelly!

I’m also considering ordering a dress from Beholden as nothing I’ve tried at the bridal stores so far is even close to the type of dress I want.

Were the duties for crossing the border high?
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I could help!

Another tip I should have mentioned is look into the designer of the dress and see if any local salons carry that brand and even that style or similar.

For example, my dress is made by Watters. Watters has this same dress in their Willoby collection (called Bali instead on Reagan), but just not in the colour that BHLDN offers. So if you're still nervous about size and if a certain style will suit you, definitely see if you can do a try on at a salon! Or at least try on dresses by the same designer in a similar cut.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you SO much!

I'm thrilled that you found your dress through BHLDN - the Reagan is stunning! Reading about your experience just reignited my desire to buy a dress through BHLDN Smiley xd

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered my dress from BHLDN! Best decision ever. Totally recommend. My dress is EVERYTHING (I got the Reagan).

Tips:

1. MEASURE YO-SELF! Like 8 times, and chat with a consultant and say "hi I'm looking at dress X and based on my measurements I should order a size Y. does this style run large or small...yadda yadda...". They can help reassure you.

2. Read the reviews. All of them. Most of them have girls height listed and size they ordered, and some even have pictures of how the dress looks on them and not stick models so you get an idea of what it looks like on real people.

3. Make sure you convert the prices into CAD from USD so you know how much it costs in Canadian. Also, there a duties you will have to pay when it crosses the border. Just prepare for that and you won't be shocked or disappointed.

4. If you're hung up on a dress you saw on BHLDN, just order it girl. You ain't never gonna say yes to a dress in a shop if a BHLDN dress is haunting you. You can return it if its not right. You'll have to pay return shipping. For me, this was a non issue. It was more important that I tried it on and knew for sure. If you order it, and you get it and it doesn't work out, and least you know and can put it to rest and move on.

Good luck!!! Let me know if you go for it!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!! I haven't yet. I'm still debating, simply because of my bad luck with ordering clothes online. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  • Alix
    Beginner September 2018 New Brunswick
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    i was wondering if you ended up ordering from BHLDN and could tell me about your experience? Did you have to pay extra duties because they were shipping to Canada? Thanks!
  • Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good to know! I guess I'm just really nervous about purchasing something I haven't been able to try.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had friends order bridesmaids dresses from them and really liked the dress! It was more of a typical online shopping process.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had ordered a wedding guest's dress a few months ago and it was great.
    The quality is nice and all, and it is great if the theme is boho/romantic.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics