Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Best time of year to shop for bridesmaids/groomsmen attire?

Kelsey, on August 9, 2021 at 11:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
What is the best time of year to shop for wedding party attire? (Putting aside timelines and x months before the wedding date). Black Friday sales? Christmas/boxing day sales?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on August 10, 2021 at 02:50
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's no holiday sale for suits unless you're planning on going to a department store like The Bay. If so, Christmas Black Friday specials are the best based on experience. Otherwise, most menswear store run end of season sales to turnover stock, which typically happens in end of summer/early fall. I would sign up for mailing lists at various suit makers like Spier and Mackay, Indochino, and Suitsupply to see when their sales hit because when they do, inventory can fly off the shelves. Moores have regular sales throughout the year and you can find out when they take place via a mailing list.

Sales are starting now for summer fabrics, like linen for suits and sports coats and summer style bridesmaid dresses ala cocktail dresses. If you're going the mall/department store route, now is the time to check things out.

For female accessories like jewelry, clutches, and watches, I've found Valentine's Day and Mother's Day sales to beat December ones. Same goes for men accessories like ties and watches on Father's Day.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    Sometimes when you go to smaller stores there’s another thing to consider. The place I went to, they let me know when I went in July that they have a change in stock in September. This means they let some styles go as they are older so there is room for new ones. So if we didn’t order this one dress my MOH wanted, there was a chance they wouldn’t have it in the fall. Maybe it was a seller’s tactic. Still ask if you go to a smaller store if a certain style will still be available later if you decide to think on it with the guys/girls. Another thing I found is depending on the season of your wedding, buying it a year in advance to get those seasonal colours as they go on sale just from the natural change in stock occurs could be a good idea. I know guys aren’t the kind to do that though.

All the best!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say Black Friday sales for sure! There's so many great deals during that time as well as Boxing Week! They're only really a month apart. My maid of honor got her dress from the company I work for not during that time since I was able to get the dress with my discount but if I didn't have the luxury of the great discount I would've waited for those two sale times for sure

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics