Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Best honeymoon spots for beginning of June??

Maegan, on March 29, 2018 at 16:06 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6
My Fiance and I need help figuring out where is best to go on our honeymoon when it will be the beginning of june. Will tropical islands be too hot? Should we just wait until the winter to honeymoon if we do choose the tropics? Ive tried doing research but most websites just push their resorts deals not what the weathers like then.
Opinions?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 17, 2018 at 15:17
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a country in mind, look them up on Wikipedia as there is generally a portion of the article that deals with climate and gives average temperatures and rain fall per month.

What would you like to do during your honeymoon? The tropics will probably be quite hot but you could go to Europe. Quite similar to Canadian summer weather in a lot of places.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to hike or tour or do outings, then June probably isn't the time to go (unless you are one of the people who like the heat!) If you just want to relax on the beach, June is a great month to go!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June will definitely be hotter down south but the only times you have to be cautious of is August - November due to hurricane season! I went to Punta Cana at the end of November once and got hit with a bunch of rain. Spring to early summer should avoid the rainy seasons for sure! I plan to go Dec-March for ours to get outta the winter blues for a bit ahhah!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s totally up to you! I think I would go somewhere tropical in June for my honeymoon. We’re getting married in August and going on our honeymoon in September. I really didn’t want to wait too long bc I wanted it to still feel like a honeymoon. It’s definitely a personal choice though, if you don’t mind waiting and are worried about it being too hot you could wait until after summer. My parents travel a lot, they go to tropical places even in June and July and love it. It’s definitely really hot but they like that. Plus it can be cheaper. I remember one time they went to Cuba in July and they had the entire beach to themselves because it was so hot and non peak season. If you like the heat too then it’ll be fine. What do you guys want to do? Beach vacay? A travel agent can be very helpful too!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Costa Rica on June 30th, which is actually their "wet season". I'm at the point where I don't even care if it's too hot.. I just want to be there lol

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't like going away in the summer, cause we finally get nice weather here!

We are getting married in July and holding off on going on a trip till September. We decided to go to Indonesia.

What we did was think of what place would be ideal for our honeymoon. We had always talked about going to Indonesia, but knew we needed a decent amount of time off to do it. We figured out work places wouldn't say no as it was our honeymoon! Then we looked up what the weather was like there and saw September was solid.

That's what I'd recommend to you. Think of places that you both are DYING to go to and then look when the climate is good there specifically.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics