Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them

Maegan, on April 10, 2021 at 10:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

Good morning ladies!

I am excited this morning. Wednesday night before we went into the stay at home order I dropped off my dress at my seamstress to be altered for our May 22nd wedding. It was only then that i found out just how difficult (and costly) it was going to be to shorten my dress the 2 inches I need too, and my seamstress immediately said don't do it just get taller shoes! (Its a 7 layered ballgown covered in beaded applicaes in the front and the bottom is a scalloped hem so she would have to take it up at the waist) Thus began my search for some taller shoes!

I consider myself tall at 5'7 and just don't wear high heels very often. I'm also fairly clumsy and my FH isn't a lot taller then me at 5'11. I am okay at wearing them- as I do on occasion, but I would love some advice for a great store or brand that i can find a great pair at that I know will fit okay and will be decently comfortable for heels.

The heels will just be for the ceremony and I am being married outdoors on grass so i was thinking block heel initially but I do know those heel stoppers are supposed to work great if lighter thin heels might be easier to walk in?

Thank you in advance for any help and recommendations!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meg, on April 16, 2021 at 09:57
  • M
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My preference is a wedge or a block heel! They are more supportive and easier to walk on soft ground. A thin heel would sink in grass if the ground is soft.
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG Amanda, these are the shoes I bought too but in sliver.

Maegan, I am SO not a high heel person but the block heel was so much more comfortable and I didn't feel like I was going to break an ankle.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Block heels or chunky heeled booties are a lifesaver for me!

I'm very clumsy so these are the only kind of heels I feel comfortable walking in.

• Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was gonna say Le Chateau as well, my mom just bought her shoes for my upcoming wedding as well. I found gorgeous white lace 3 inch heels on Amazon for myself and they are extremely comfortable and I do not wear heels often either
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also reccomend le chateau! I actually bought two pairs of wedding shoes since I couldn't decide. One pair is a block hell and the other is a wedge heel! I found their sizing to be a little big. Normally im an 8.5 across the board and I got both my wedding shoes in an 8. Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 1

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 2
    If you're worried about sizing, id other a couple sizes, with how cheap they are you could easily resell them! I paid $22 for the white ones and $18 for the sparkly ones!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Le Chateau. That's where I found my wedding shoes for my upcoming wedding! They're closing down so sales are crazy right now. I bought mine for $29. I don't wear high heels very often because of my job field and when I tried these ones on they fit great and were super comfy!

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics