Skip to main content
Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them

Maegan, on April 10, 2021 at 10:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Saved

Good morning ladies!

I am excited this morning. Wednesday night before we went into the stay at home order I dropped off my dress at my seamstress to be altered for our May 22nd wedding. It was only then that i found out just how difficult (and costly) it was going to be to shorten my dress the 2 inches I need too, and my seamstress immediately said don't do it just get taller shoes! (Its a 7 layered ballgown covered in beaded applicaes in the front and the bottom is a scalloped hem so she would have to take it up at the waist) Thus began my search for some taller shoes!

I consider myself tall at 5'7 and just don't wear high heels very often. I'm also fairly clumsy and my FH isn't a lot taller then me at 5'11. I am okay at wearing them- as I do on occasion, but I would love some advice for a great store or brand that i can find a great pair at that I know will fit okay and will be decently comfortable for heels.

The heels will just be for the ceremony and I am being married outdoors on grass so i was thinking block heel initially but I do know those heel stoppers are supposed to work great if lighter thin heels might be easier to walk in?

Thank you in advance for any help and recommendations!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meg, on April 16, 2021 at 09:57
  • Meg
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    My preference is a wedge or a block heel! They are more supportive and easier to walk on soft ground. A thin heel would sink in grass if the ground is soft.
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

OMG Amanda, these are the shoes I bought too but in sliver.

Maegan, I am SO not a high heel person but the block heel was so much more comfortable and I didn't feel like I was going to break an ankle.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute

Block heels or chunky heeled booties are a lifesaver for me!

I'm very clumsy so these are the only kind of heels I feel comfortable walking in.

• Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    I was gonna say Le Chateau as well, my mom just bought her shoes for my upcoming wedding as well. I found gorgeous white lace 3 inch heels on Amazon for myself and they are extremely comfortable and I do not wear heels often either
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    I also reccomend le chateau! I actually bought two pairs of wedding shoes since I couldn't decide. One pair is a block hell and the other is a wedge heel! I found their sizing to be a little big. Normally im an 8.5 across the board and I got both my wedding shoes in an 8. Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 1

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 2
    If you're worried about sizing, id other a couple sizes, with how cheap they are you could easily resell them! I paid $22 for the white ones and $18 for the sparkly ones!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

Check out Le Chateau. That's where I found my wedding shoes for my upcoming wedding! They're closing down so sales are crazy right now. I bought mine for $29. I don't wear high heels very often because of my job field and when I tried these ones on they fit great and were super comfy!

Best high heeled shoes for the bride that avoids them 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics