Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2019 Manitoba

Besides Wedding Party, who do you give gifts to?

Lynn, on May 19, 2019 at 14:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Not sure who all gets gifts. Do you get for parents? Others who help you? MC? And what do you get them?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on May 26, 2019 at 10:07
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are giving gifts to each other, each of our parents and that’s it.

we don’t have any flower girls or flower boys, but we’d give a gift if we had some.

we also are paying for our bridal party’s outfits and hair and make up so that is our gift to them.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat... I am thinking I have to get a gift for pretty much anyone involved with helping me on the wedding day, or has a role or part:

Mother of the Bride - I would buy
    Mother in Law - I would buy
    Maid Of Honour - I would buy
    Bridesmaids - I would buy
    Husband to Be - I would buy
    Grooms Men - Groom will buy
    Father of Bride - I will buy
    Father in Law - I will buy
    Flower Girls - I will buy
    Bride - He BETTER buy Smiley laugh

I am not doing anything crazy for them, just a hand written card and something special or sentimental.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do find that parents always have things they will wear or not need. A picture after the wedding is the perfect gift if you want to consider that option and they will cherish that instead of materialistic gift.

The wedding party were the only ones who got gifts keeping on the low end cost though I only paid the taxes and the boxed sets were paid by Shoppers points at the time.

• L
    Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your very welcome. Looking forward to my big day. Hope yours is too!!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lynn, that’s great advice. I’ll absolutely do what I can within my budget. Thanks for the well-wishes. I hope your big day is beautiful!
  • L
    Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amie,

I like the idea of writing a special letter to my FH. I will have to mention that to him.

I don't think you are doing to much. Just make them thoughtful and special in some way. Maybe a piece of jewellery.

Future family members are just as important as your own. Especially if they play a big part in your life.

If money is tight, do what you can afford. Family and friends should be able to understand that.

Good luck in your search for gifts and all the best on your wedding day.

• L
    Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tori,

That helps a lot. I was thinking of mani/pedi for Future MIL and MOH. Maybe a pretty scarf for MOH. She likes that kind of thing.

As for the flower girl (my Fiancés daughter), I've already gotten some gifts. She is so excited for this day. Can't say I blame her. Me too!!

MC/FIL and Best Man, I think I will get similar items. Alcohol item of some sort. Lol!

All the Best to you!!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a good question! I’ve been going over this so much lately. My MOH (sister) thinks I’m thinking of giving too many gifts

I will get gifts for my MOH and bridesmaids. My MOH did receive a proposal box when I initially asked her.

Ill also get my FH something small but sentimental. We are writing each other letters to open on the morning of our wedding day.

My dad will be getting a gift from me. Not sure what yet - something to show him how much he means to me. (My mom passed away two years ago so the gift doesn’t apply)

my FH parents are together still so I’ll either get my future in-laws a gift together or one each.

My FH has an older sister, she is my BM but I was going to get her something special? My moh thinks it’s overkill and not needed, thoughts?? Money is tight.

thats is for my FH family. So that will be it for my gifts. My wedding is in less than three months and I don’t have the gifts yet! Yikes
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gifts will be given to our wedding party, parents, our MC, and that's it.

If you have a flower girl or ring bearer then they would get something as well. If you have any ushers I would say just a $20 would be fine if they are teens or if they are adults then a mini bottle of booze.

Bridesmaids - you could pay for Hair & Make up, spa day, have their nails done, etc.

Groomsmen - usually like alcohol... but a flask with their name on it is cool too

Mom's - Handkerchief with a note on it or something like that is what I will be giving

Dad's - Tie or socks with words on them, or if there is something that they use all the time you could upgrade it

MC/Ushers - booze or cash

Flower girl - I got a jewellery box when I was a flower girl

Ring Bearer - Baseball glove (thanks for handling the rings)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics