Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2019 Quebec

Beige/white lace dress dilemma

Sabina, on February 4, 2019 at 09:09 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Hi ladies.

I wanted to have your opinion on this beige/white wedding dress. Ideally, I wanted a white wedding dress Smiley smile I went to my first fitting and fell completely in love with this dress. It has a beige lining and with white lace, embroidery,crystal and pearls. The white is all in the details..
Does it look like a wedding dress?

I am having a destination Punta in the Dominican Republic and thought that this dress colour might blend with the sand etc and might be ideal for the scenery. Also, my fiancé would be wearing a light grey tuxedo.

Can you ladies please guide me?
I do not want to disappoint my fiancé. He told me he is alright with an ivory/cream dress colour, however not beige. The dress has a beige lining with beautiful white lace and detailing which doesn’t eventually make it look beige anymore - more like cream. I would really really appreciate your honest opinion on the dress.

I have showed the dress to 3-4 fiends and family and they all find the wedding dress gorgeous and love it.
thank you so much!!!

Beige/white lace dress dilemma 1

Beige/white lace dress dilemma 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sabina, on February 20, 2019 at 10:19
  • S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Change of ideas ladies - I have bought this dress and I’m in love with it Smiley smile

Beige/white lace dress dilemma 3

Beige/white lace dress dilemma 4
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great news! Congratulations on finding your dress Smiley smile

• S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello BiancaSmiley smile

Thank you for commenting! Yes, I agree with you that beige lining highlights the beautiful white details... I’m saying yes to the dress Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress is beautiful and your FH will love you in it! If you were to do white-on-white you would lose all the details of the lace. The beige goes great with your skintone and will be lovely on a beach Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh! Are you buying the dress right off the rack? Sometimes when you order a dress from a boutique new they will give you the option to change the under colour! That's what they did with mine! The one I tried on was champagne liner but when I ordered it unasked for ivory instead! If you're buying off the rack then yeah you wouldn't be able to do it, but I think its lovely just the way it is too!
  • S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Stephanie!

thank you for the idea of maybe changing the lining. Isn’t that a super complicated job? given that the lace is sewed onto it. Im so scared of ruining my dress :s

You are perfectly right that the beige lining highlights the beautiful white lace Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it that it brings out the detail of the lace even more! If you're finding the beige a strong colour can you change the lining to something a bit softer? Like a blue or champagne! Something that could make it white-ER but not white?

Just a though! My dress originally came with a champagne liner but I changed it to ivory!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It definitely does!! Smiley heart

My FH is also the typical man and doesn't know the difference between ivory and white lol

• S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Allison Smiley smile

I agree that the white lace detailing makes the dress look more cream than beige! That’s what I’m trying to say to myself as my FH said that beige might be too off(at the same time, most men don’t know the difference between ivory, off white, cream, beige haha so maybe him and I don’t share the same beige LOL)

I am still saying YES TO THE DRESS! But does it look like a wedding dress?

thank you Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress looks very nice, and I would go with it!

The beige looks "light enough" with the white detailing that it looks more cream to me!

I bet your FH will love seeing you in your dress regardless! Smiley heart

• S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori Smiley smile

That’s it! It was the first wedding dress I have tried and I really felt special and like a bride in it Smiley smile That’s the reason I have said YEs to the dress! However, going back home I started having doubts about the colour as my FH told me he was okay with ivory/cream however this one has a beige lining and beautiful white detailings which makes the beige looks quite light in the end... ( haha but I can’t give him that much detail)

Thanks for your feedback!Smiley smile
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The way I look at it, is if you feel like a bride in the dress - then it's a wedding dress. Doesn't matter what colour, style, or hem line!

You look gorgeous by the way!

P.S congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!

• S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you very much Leah! This is what I believe too Smiley smile
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The beige compliments your skin tone and I like the lace over it!

You look beautiful in this dress and it sounds like it will suit your destination perfectly!
  • S
    Sabina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Becky,

thank you for your feedback Smiley smile

Actually, they all think that since it’s not completely white this is the perfect colour for a beach wedding.

Thats a great idea! I will ask for some brides photo and see the colour of their wedding dress.

thanks thanks Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the dress! It doesn't have to be white to be a wedding dress, I know we tend to assume and think this. Did your family or friends think there would be issues with the sand part? I think it would depend on lighting and the how light the sand is. The place your having a destination wedding, do they have any previous photos of brides? You could see if anyone did a different color than white

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics