Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Before he met you... Did he want to get married?

Emilie, on February 14, 2017 at 08:41 Posted in WeddingWire 0 34

Hey future brides!

Now let's go a little deeper into getting to know you future husband Smiley laugh

Before he met you... Did he want to get married?

Next question >> What is your fiancé's cute nickname?

Image: Giphy.com

34 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 18, 2018 at 22:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He had no intentions until 2 years ago when we talked about it. He w l felt ready just needing more time to adjust to the idea.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He always wanted to get married.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes he did! He didn't have a dream wedding or anything but definitely wanted to start a family.
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. We have actually both been engaged once before to other people. Him 2 years ago and me 6 years ago. I'm so happy we ended up with each other instead!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, he's only had 2 previous relationships both longer than 2 years. He's always been a serious relationship kinda guy with the intent of getting married which I love
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would think so. We were both almost 18 when we met so I don't think that it was something he was actively thinking about, but for him, marriage is the natural progression of things. His parents have been married for almost 33 years now, very stable relationship and in fact, it took me until a few years ago to be convinced that we should officially get married, because of my experience with marriage with my mom and stepdad, plus I know we're committed to each other and have been for the past 11 years!
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For many years he said he didn't want to get married. I Guess over the years he changed his mind.

• Ciara
    Curious November 2022 British Columbia
    Ciara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He's a huge commitment guy but didn't know if he would find the person he wanted to marry. But within a week of dating he knew we were going to get married.

• Kalene
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes he did. Told me before we even started dating that if things worked out he wanted to marry me 🙈❤
  • Nadine
    Curious March 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was married before. However, he never wanted to get married again.
  • Jen
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No he never wanted to get married b4 he meet me. He said they never did anything for him as wife material.
  • Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yes he did. He wanted to get married, has kids, but didn't know with who.

• Caitlin Beaumont
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin Beaumont ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No he did not
  • Valerie
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My finace wanted to have 10 kids and name them 1-10, raise them on farm and turn them in hockey players lol.

No interest in marriage whatsoever but he came around to it, especially when I said it was a deal breaker for me.

• Aurian
    Beginner August 2017 British Columbia
    Aurian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No he had no interest in marriage or kids and now we have a child and getting married
  • Mrs.watsontobe
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Mrs.watsontobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have swapped gender roles when it comes to a lot of stereotypes and this is one of them. Though I never saw myself getting married he has been dreaming of his wedding day since he was a little kid!

• Melanie
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He always saw marriage in his future. It helps that his parents have been together for almost 40 years. I was the one that wasn't sure about marriage as my parents relationship wasn't anything to look forward to growing up.

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked my FH and he says its a dumb questions because of course he did, he's a normal person and it's what "normal" people do. Lol so there you have it. I think he emphasized this point because my ex of three years was always adamant that marriage was a sham blah blah blah.....
    He's definitely the type of guy to commit to things. We're both young and hed never serioualt dates before me. His parents have been married for 36 years now, together for almost 40.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He always wanted to get married Smiley smile im glad I'm the one he picked!
  • Sunshine Shae
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He wanted to once he met the Smiley heart of his life... moi Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He has already been married, and it was a bad marriage (15 years), so when we started dating he said no chance he'd get married again. I said you'll marry me, and I was right. He had to see I wasn't her (for anyone who's had a bad relationship, you get gun shy) and when he did, things fell into place.We were together a year and a bit when he proposed!!!
  • Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, he just didn't find the right one.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would think he did. He's one of those guys that family is really important to. So I assume that he fully planned on getting married one day.
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, he is definitely a commitment type of guy Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You know...I never asked him directly but when I said I couldn't wait to be his wife, his response was "to me you already are" Smiley smile One of those fall in love all over again moments !!!!
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He has always wanted to be married and said he just needed to find the one or get her back. His first wedding and second one for me. But we have been in each others lives since we were five. Dated when we were 11-14 then my family moved and we didn't see each other for 3 years.
  • Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No neither of us wanted to get married and had never been married. He had been with someone for 14 years and had 2 kids. I had been with someone for 9 years and had 3 kids.

But things clicked so well between us and the love and support he gives me is something I thought wasn't possible. We were engaged after 4 months with out wedding being 15 months after our first date. Even though it is relatively still early in our relationship, I love the idea of building a strong foundation together with a marriage commitment to each other. We've been living togethersince being together for 5 months.

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think he did. His parents got divorced and then his mom got remarried to a man and that was not a good man so it put him off a bit. When his mother met me she was so happy that he might actually get married and have a family.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did! He thought that he would be married with kids by his mid twenties because that's what everyone from his hometown did. He was practically a spinster by his hometown standards for getting married at 28! Smiley xd

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes he did, he actually was married before ... but that did not last long as they were highschool sweethearts and realized they didnt want the same things and grew apart

• April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Before he met me -- i dont think he ever wanted to -- but when he drops hints to his mom that i can be myself around her and i thinks she is the one - and talking about marriage with me - i always said its the little things that counts --
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did express that he wanted to get married! He likes to get in a relationship because he sees a future with that person and can see himself getting married and having a family. This is something we both wanted and shared with each other before we started dating!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics