Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Be aware of fb flower service

Julie, on July 18, 2022 at 22:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Please be aware of the following, misleading FB flower service being advertised. This person on FB Marketplace was advertising faux bridal flowers. Gave me prices, pictures and even offered to give me an invoice. The person requested a 50% deposit ($75), which I thought nothing of until the transfer would not go through for them. The person asked me why I cancelled the transfer, which I hadnt. I tried stop the transfer but an error kept coming up that it could not cancel a transaction in process. Immediately my mind started racing. So i figured I'd call my bank to stop the etransfer and reissue the etransfer. Only to find out from my bank that this person 's account has been flagged by their bank as suspicious etransfer activity. That they had several names and email accounts registered to that bank account. 😬 The bank asked if I had met this person, in person, which i didnt. Luckily my bank was able to see that I dont normally do odd etransfers like that, so they stopped the etransfer for me and refunded my money. The FB person kept asking me if it was cancelled/reissued. I didnt even bother to reply so I just blocked them. Looking at the FB account now, i didnt even see the red flag. This FB account had only been registered in 2022. Told me they were actually located in Mississauga and not Toronto 😕 Just be careful to anyone asking for a deposit. Im not saying all are shady. All legit vendors will give u a website, instagram or FB account to view their work. Be aware of fb flower service 1

Be aware of fb flower service 2

5 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on July 19, 2022 at 11:08
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So many scams out there now unbelievable really. Even the one ones stealing peoples profiles like what do you get out of it?

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Of course! I definitely dont want any bride/groom to get scammed during this exciting process. I dont want to paint a bad picture to self vendors, as i am grateful for they do what they do. It is those shady handful that make it hard to trust. Glad you were lucky to find someone willing to meet you in person
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing that with us. I hired someone on FB marketplace but she only requests the money the day of pick up. I was able to see my bouquet because I had doubts and found them too dark, so she said that seeing them in person might change my mind, very luck it's not a scam. I did find a photographer on facebook, he has a website and contract but I haven't seen any updated photos from weddings this years so I am a little nervous.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The added information is great to know.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics