Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

Bc/alberta honeymoon ideas

Sandy, on July 20, 2021 at 02:12 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10
I've always wanted to go to Greece or Hawaii for my honeymoon or even a cruise! But with covid and travel restrictions we have decided to honeymoon in BC or Alberta. We are getting married next month and we're having a hard time deciding where to go, any suggestions? Thank you all!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 9, 2021 at 21:51
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is our plan too!!
  • T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you been to Drumheller before? Since you are from BC something other than mountains might be nice?
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing a lot of hiking. The last 2 times we took the kids, so are looking forward to some more challenging trails. Gondola, hot springs. A day in Yoho national park. Afternoon tea at the Fairmont lake Louise. There is just so much to do.
  • S
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Darlene! We were considering Banff but it is quite pricey so good to know that we can stay in Canmore and still be relatively close! What sorts of activities do you have planned?

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a honeymoon to Canmore. Only 30 minute drive to Banff. Accommodations are cheaper and just as many stunning mountain views. We have been before but there is just so much to do. We got an amazing deal on a hotel. We love the mountains and would highly recommend it.
  • S
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds amazing!! We have been to the Okanagan area. Also have been to the island but never together, and I've been to banff but my fiance hasn't. We're debating between banff and the Island but a lot of places seem to be fully booked already! I know we're a bit late booking but with some restrictions lifting I guess more people are booking as well lol. Thank you for the input! I shall consult with my groomzilla and hopefully book our mini moon soon!
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where have you travelled to before in BC/Alberta?

I've been in Alberta for 16 years now and I know some pretty awesome places to check out in the West!

In either Banff or Jasper (if your looking for a mountain scenery) they both have wonderful cabins in the mountains away from the city that are super romantic. I just went to one with my fiancé last summer in between Lake Louise and Banff, we had a giant cabin to ourselves with a front porch, a fire place inside, a giant kitchen with access to the BBQs, a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. It was an absolute dream! I never wanted to leave. It was cheaper because of the fully functional kitchen for us to use, they had all the cooking utensils and what not so all you had to bring was food and any extras you may want.

Same goes for Jasper area, I went when I was younger and with family and we had an other huge cabin with 2 bedrooms a functional kitchen, tv, a porch, fire place and away from the town but close enough that it is not a drive to all the amenities.

Of all the times I have been I have done the gondola in both places, visited the hot springs, other lakes, canoeing and so much more.

As for BC - Kelowna is a gorgeous place to go, but it is a bit pricer. I spent most of my time on the island in Tofino. I was in awe of that place, literally the most west you can go in Canada. We rented a cabin on the water, so the beach was our backyard and it too had a fully functional kitchen, bbq, rooms, bathroom and all the items needed to cook. Since it is on the island, there was less mountains so instead of that you get a beach scenery. Here we went whale watching, check out the GIANT TREES and sight seeing. Also a cool fact, Tofino was a filming space for the Twilight Series! Which I was a huge fan so it was awesome to go check it out.

Hopefully this helps!

• S
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are all awesome ideas! I think we're just having a hard time finding somewhere neither of have visited before lol
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just realized you're from BC so my comment may be totally useless as I'm from Ontario 😅
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our cruise was going from Italy to Croatia, Montenegro and Greece 😫😫 it was cancelled. We absolutely loved our time in Kelowna/the Okanagan Valley - If you like wine (there's a distillery and breweries too) it would make for a great honeymoon! I'm going back to BC this year for a few days (without my new husband 🤣) and can't wait to spend some time on the island! I spent a lot of time in Alberta too when my sister lived there (she would say BC too) - Banff and Lake Louise are beautiful spots but I find very touristy (but everywhere can be I suppose). I don't think you can go wrong!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics