Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dani
Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia

Barely noticeable underthings for the dress

Dani, on October 24, 2017 at 16:09 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

My dress is sort of a nude/champagne colour with delicate lace layers and you can kind of see a bit through it in areas. It has a low back so I decided to just wear pasties on the top but I have tried a variety of different types and styles ofunderwear under it but you can see the bits on my hips. At this point I'm feeling like my only option is to go commando haha. I don't feel comfortable wearing shapewear so I was wondering if anyone had other ideas?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on October 26, 2017 at 10:05
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried the seamless undies from La Vie en Rose? Not sure if they have that store in BC but that is what I wore during my wedding and they were awesome!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t want to post a picture as some may not feel comfortable with it, but think thong panty liner with some wire stiffening. I also saw a “stick on” version in my quick google search.
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im actually super excited go not wear a bra. Its going to be a good day because of that ahahaha. As for a slip, I havent found one that doesnt cause a very visible line and makes it very obvious its there Smiley sad
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the old days (and I was there), women wore a slip under something see through. Would this work? A half slip would allow you to wear undies. A whole slip would let you wear a bra as well.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wait...those exist?!? How can you have a strapless panty?
  • Daphne
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Strapless panties? not sure they’re any more comfortable than shapewear
  • Jessica
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lace on lace is hard to distinguish. Maybe try it and ask the bridal party?
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I tried that too and maybe I'm just being picky because I can see it up close. No one else will probably notice?

• Jessica
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could try to get undies the same color that's lace so if it when it shows it not going to be very noticeable unless pointed out .
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The side straps of underwear that sit on your hips. Its not a bump but you can kind of see my underwear. I have tried all varieties of nude and lace and nothing really works.

Unfortunately no, I don't have a photo. Even the photos online of it don't show the real colour of the dress

• Daphne
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What exactly do you mean by see bits of your hips? Also, I guess you tried nude coloured undies? Other than shapewear, no quite sure what else would work with your dress: do you have a picture of the dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics