Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Back up stretch suv limo or premium suv rental?

Sarah, on May 12, 2021 at 18:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I need your help deciding on the best solution to the never ending restrictions drama.Like many couples we have several different plans in place to make our big day special but because our reception and ceremony are within walking distance of each other I’m torn on what kind of car service to go with.In a perfect world we can have our reception with 50 people and dancing and wouldn’t need a car service.This word is not perfect so I’m trying to decide between booking a limo for a package we might not need and potentially losing a couple hundred bucks on a deposit or renting a premium SUV that can fit 8 out of the 10 people that will be at the ceremony.What the heck would you do?The limo looks like it will be around $550 for 4 hours where as a smaller SUV rental will be $550 for 3 days.If we book the limo and have no reception we won’t have to worry about traffic or parking and all of the stress that comes with getting people from point A to point B but if we do have a reception we won’t have any use for the limo besides picking the wedding party up from the hotel and dropping off at the ceremony spot and possibly picking us up at the end of the night $$$ The budget loving hopeful bride in me is screaming rental because I can haul my decor in it or get the wedding party where we need to be without losing out on money but I don’t want to drive on my wedding day.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on May 26, 2021 at 18:53
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So my fiancé has been quite the diva with this and has decided that he much rather have a limo service to drive us.His reasoning made a lot of sense as he wants his best man to relax and enjoy without the added stresses of trying to find parking or having to take on the extra liability.Both are in the budget but I do think arriving in a limo will make my day even more magical as I will be getting ready at the hotel and not the original thought of getting ready in the venue 😝
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The prices for the limo/SUV are great given the difference of the day to 3 days worth. The idea of the ceremony only and pictures makes sense if you want to have your photographer get nice shots for you both and wedding party for the time given by the transporter. A wedding party member would be great to drive you both to the ceremony site as you would have to wait a while before entering anyhow. It would save you on your budget and have the company of your family/friends. We drove ourselves to the venue that had everything to enjoy and just have a Welcome dinner nearby the venue the night before the wedding.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotcha. I'd get the SUV in that case.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our best man is willing to drive and doesn’t drink so we are covered either way
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok so if I rent an suv it will be to get everything for my wedding to the location as it offers more space then my Honda.If there is no reception we would have more seating as the SUV I want to rent seats 8.We would use it for the wedding party to drive to different locations for photos in a budget friendly way. I’m worried because summer time parking is always a nightmare in Vancouver.

If I hire a limo it will be because my reception isn’t allowed and yes after the ceremony we would simply drive around our area getting tons of awesome photos without having to worry about parking or taking 2 vehicles or shoving my dress into a small car.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm confused. Is the limo/SUV literally just to drive around in lieu of a reception?

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm a bit confused about your two scenarios. Can you clarify? Smiley smile

So plan A is you can have a 50 person ceremony and reception. If you do this you don't need transportation?

And plan B is you can only have a 10 person ceremony per current restrictions. And if you go this route you want to book transportation? And the dilemma is which type to book for plan B?

If I'm wrong please let me know lol!

For my own 10 person ceremony in November everyone just drove with their own households to the ceremony location. I don't see why you'd need transportation if you're just having a ceremony and no reception. I assume nobody will be drinking because no reception is allowed and so everyone is capable of driving? And if things are still bad enough that weddings are limited to 10 people, I don't think carpooling to the ceremony would be a very safe option and everyone should be trying to stick to their own households.

For what it's worth, I doubt the restrictions will be what they are now in August because everyone should be partially vaccinated, but I also understand wanting to plan for all of the possible scenarios. Can you put off booking transportation for a little while to see how things go?

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really comes down to if you or someone else is willing to drive. If everyone that's going wants to have a few drinks, especially if you have a reception, then no one will be able to drive you all home afterwards. But if someone is willing to drive, then I say go for renting the SUV.

My fiance is just driving us, as he isn't much of a drinker.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics