Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Bachelorette party supplies and set up booklet...

Ludvis, on June 11, 2018 at 09:44 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

2 parts to this discussion.....

1. the bachelorette is coming up very shortly, and no one has helped to offer to bring supplies (balloons, decorations, shot glasses etc). i paid for the entire bridal shower myself except for the food (her family helped), but still the girls did nothing..... ive told them the information they needed i.e. each person is responsible for buying necessary items for each meal ($50 max meal) but that covers everyone to eat in, the cost of activities including split cost to cover bride, and the shirt i bought for them. they all agreed to pay but i gave them a deadline for activities and no one responded until i sent out another message a week later... im at the point where i think everything is disorganized and no one can follow anything...... where can i go for cheap supplies and at the end im going to add in they owe this amount. i dont know why no one is giving opinions or offering to bring stufd when they were told first hand everyone is responsible. Smiley sad

2. since the bachelorette is a disaster and no one can follow their responsibility, im wondering if anyone has put a set up booklet together, that includes an image on how to set the table, decor, where tables go etc. we only have less than 6 hours to set up and im concerned it wont be ideal if not organized. im thinking its bet if the bride and myself over look everything and help if confused. is there any way to make a document or anything you guys used!!

im desperate and concerned for her wedding now. theres still so much to do.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on June 15, 2018 at 01:53
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear they still aren't pitching in.

Dollarama actually has a pretty good wedding section. Or you can check a Facebook wedding or buy and sell group in your area.

As for the booklet, I plan on doing this for my wedding! I won't be there to set up for the ceremony and so I plan on writing out exactly how I want it so that the people who are setting up know what to do.

I've also done this at work for our community meals: I give each volunteer a piece of paper that has a list of what they need to do to set up, serve, and clean up. There are still usually a few questions, but for the most part they know what to do.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you aren't getting much help. that stinks
    check out amazon for decorations. i found some fun bachelorette stuff on it. also same with dollarstore.

in terms of set up. honestly it can be low key and look great. I would get some plastic table cloths in the color you want. put snacks out on a table. drinks on another (unless its byob). and then if you are buying the bride any bachelorette stuff to wear. set that up nicely on a chair.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh ok. Well, it always helps to have a guide of what the bride is looking for. This is the bride's responsibility though, so if you want to help you can sit together and make a little date night out of it and sit and plan while having some fun, but it's not something you need to be doing on your own.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you're struggling with the bridal party, let the bride know. They are her friends she chose and she can help with the organization if needed. Don't put all that stress on yourself, it's not worth it.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would send everyone a time and place and say that is when we are going shopping. Whoever can make it come and who can’t we will let you know the total and eveyone’s share do the cost and you can bring it to me at the bachelorette party. Same with setting up Let them know we will need everyone there by this time to start setting up. Bride will arrive at the this time for the party to start.

You just want to ensure your friend has a good night and that’s a sign of a great friend. Try not to let it get you too stressed out. These things don’t need to be big over the top parties. If you have Pinterest search for bridal shower or bachelorette party and pick one or two ideas you like that seem to match what you think your friend would like.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My problem is that if you agreed to a bachelorette party and to pay your share as well as help bring ideas then you should follow through. Not just ignore messages. If you didn’t want to spend the money the simple answer is no. But I’m fact they all mentioned bachelorette not me but yet I’m planning it.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well not everyone is that into bachelorette parties and find them cheesy. If your on your own for setting up and gathering supplies I say keep it simple and just do a few things. A little can go a long way when decorating. A party supply store, dollar store, etc will have lots of options that are inexpensive you can go with pinks as the standby or if that’s not the brides favourite pick another one of her favourites (balloons, streamers, plastic table clothes, etc). Unless your looking for the “sexy” party supplies in which case online or specialty shops.

Usually with parties I would suggest a few tables with snacks food plates and napkins, and another with drinks and have these set off to the side but not right next to an entrance (this avoids a bottleneck situation). If you have games you want to play have those set up away from food and drinks so to avoid spills.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry the set up booklet is for the day before the wedding when set up the hall.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you've been pretty stressed about this bachelorette. I would say to take a step back and do what you can without going overboard. If you can't rely on others, just do what you're able to, without having too much stress placed on yourself.

I don't think there's a need for a "Set-up" booklet for the bachelorette. This sounds more like a bridal shower, as normally bachelorette's are a little more relaxed and no need for formal set-up of things. Perhaps for yourself, it might help to have a little bit of a floor plan so you know where you want things to go if you're stressed, but again bachelorette's are very relaxed and usually informal, so I wouldn't let the decorations being in the wrong spots bother you too much. This might overwhelm the rest of the bridal party and maybe cause some tension.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that's happening. In terms of where to go, Michaels has sales on wedding stuff right now. Also, any dollar store is a safe bet. Party City is great for cheap party stuff. Amazon has some cheap stuff as well and it's really quick with deliveries

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics