Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Bachelorette party and wedding timelines day of

Ludvis, on April 6, 2018 at 08:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
So I’m trying to get ideas for a bachelorette party and what things to be done, but the bride doesn’t want the club kind of things. Originally there was talk about a cottage then there was talk about joint party but seems to be going back to the cottage? What can we come up with if there’s nothing really around the cottage without a 30 minute drive?

Also so how did you guys plan a wedding: week of, day before and day of timeline.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 8, 2018 at 20:16
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes this is 100% why I want to go haha!! Right before the wedding just sounds amazing!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have to go to the Scandinave Spa while you're in Blue Mountain! It's so relaxing!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do an at-home spa (manicures, pedicures, hair, make-up), watch chick flicks or other movies, wine and cheese party, games

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not a club sort of bride either.

For my Bachelorette we're going into Toronto and finding a good place to eat. We've then rented out a hotel suite and 7 of us are staying over, wearing PJS, drinking and watching crap tv.

I don't really have a week of time line.. just some things I need to get done that week such as buy lemons, get my eyebrows waxed, etc.

The day of I'll be getting my nails done and having the rehearsal dinner.

I used some example of time lines and built my own out from there for the day of.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping to have my bridesmaids come visit me here in B.C and we can spend a weekend either in Vancouver or at local wineries here in the Okanagan, it would definitely fill the weekend up! I'll have to pitch this idea soon because they will have to save their money. I can't afford to go away to Ontario for the weekend and then again a month later for the wedding so they will have to sacrifice this for me. For a low key bride I'd definitely suggest something like wineries and cottages like the other girls mentioned.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so me. I don't want to go out for some drunken shenanigan night. I'm asking my MOH to lean towards a winery weekend at my mom's house, where we can cook awesome food, drink lots of wine, and play a few games. Maybe go out to a pub for dinner or something one night.

Some choice games and beverages with a good group of girls can still be a great bachelorette getaway! I don't think you need to travel to go "out", because if she wanted to go out you could stay in town. I'd find some activities/games you can do right at the cottage.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had it at my sisters cottage, we did some games and bombfire, went swimming. It was relaxing day. I bought a bunch of different beer and kinda did our own taste testing instead or can do with wine. love the scavenger hunt! You could see if anyone would be willing to come to you for a spa type day as well! Get your nails done but in your own home type thing. As for timeline we decide to do a month in advance

• Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just planned a bachelorette a month before the wedding and the bride was the same, did not want to go out partying, she just wanted to stay in. There was a small group of us just 6. We did a whole weekend just at someones house. The first night we did a murder mystery that I got offline, and then the second night I had a lady come to the house and host a paint night for us. It was very laid back but still fun.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want to do a trip to Blue Mountain! It's a resort that has a lot of food options and spas! It's kind of like a cottage resort? Meant more for skiing in the winter but there's lots to do in Spring/Summer!

Hoping to do the weekend before the weeding (as that will be a long weekend in May!)

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the bride-to-be is more low-key, maybe try planning a games night or a scavenger hunt at the cottage? Depending on how many girls will be there, you could split into teams and take it from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics