Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Bachelorette Parties!

Brittany, on November 15, 2022 at 10:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Brides and Brides to Be!

What did/are you planning for your bachelorette? Or did/are you allowing your bridal party to plan that for you?

As much as I would love it for someone else to plan my bachelorette party; I only have 2 people in my wedding party who are both pretty busy people so I would rather plan and send the invites out (my MOH has not met my friends in the city I live in - we are 3 hours apart).

I am going for something laid back and fun and also won't cost people an arm and leg to participate. Thinking of a spa day - massage, pedicures, sauna/steam room, mud bath, etc. followed by dinner and drinks, lastly renting a limo for the night and getting dropped off at club for a night!

We are also thinking of combining the party, where my fiancé goes out with his friends and does something like paintballing, dinner with his own friends and then meet up for a giant limo bus for everyone to get picked up and then go to the club together.

Share your thoughts and ideas! Those who already had their parties, share your stories!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 8, 2022 at 13:09
  • Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm probably not having a bachelorette. I moved to Alberta 13 years ago, and I don't have many close friends out here. My bridesmaids are all my childhood friends in Ontario, and the large majority of my guests are from Ontario also.

I'm mostly okay with it, but my fiancé's friends are planning to have a bachelor party for him even though it's his second marriage (he also had a bachelor party before his first wedding). I secretly wish his friends would plan a joint bachelor/ette party for us both.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live in Alberta and our wedding is in newfoundland, we have a lot of people potentially traveling. 3/5 of my bride crew live in the same town and the other 2 are in newfoundland.

i gave the ladies the option to do whatever they please whether one be here and another there or what have you. just to make sure its on a weekend FH is off so someone has the kiddos looked after. i also mentioned to the ladies if there is a bachelorette in NL to make sure someone has a list of which aunties and cousins i would like there.

i have zero line of sight into whats going on or will be happening.

• Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are starting out at dinner all together and then the girls and I are going to go out and live our best life while the boys are boring doing dumb boy stuff!! I've spoken to my wedding party, and they know me well enough and have enough time to put something together, I gave them ideas of what I think would be the best for me and since we're all pretty close and enjoy the same kind of fun stuff I trust them not to take me to church and find jesus when I should be dancing covered in glitter and flashing man bits.

If you find that your party is okay working together, drop em some ideas, if you feel like you know what's best plan it and be like this is what I need help with to get them involved that way they are still part of the planning, and you know what the plan is Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honor planned everything. I had 2 bachelorettes. The first one my maid of honor and I went to Avril Lavigne in May and then in July my maid of honor and one other girlfriend of mine we went down to the Calgary stampede for the weekend and saw Nelly, Steven Lee Olsen, Kaskade and Flo Rida!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Other than a few ground rules, I let the gents plan my party without me interfering.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ideal plan is to go to a potery store and paint something, then get lunch, and get pampered nails, massage, toes, then a fun night at a hotel relaxing in the pool or hot tub, watch movies and go to bed.

My MOH has different ideas and won't tell me what it is.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH and bridesmaids are planning everything! The only input I've given is places we could go, things we could do, and the overall vibe. I told my MOH I don't want to know where we go just tell me where and when to show up, what to pack, and I'll be there!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I opted out of doing one but my close girlfriend had her bridal party plan a weekend away at a cottage and on the final night we did a dinner outdoors with candles and lights. Her fiancé at the time did a weekend away hunting with the boys.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let my bridal party plan my bachelorette with my input. The original plan was a weekend I banff the weekend before the wedding (to allow out of town guests to attend the bachelorette and wedding in one trip) but we were a bit concerned about the risk of getting sick a week before the wedding due to covid. So they planned something in the town I live in. We started at bridesmaid house for some drinks and games then a limo picked us up and we went to a couple pubs! It was lots of fun!
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds great! We both decided to opt out of the bachelor/bachelorette parties since it's our second marriage and we only have MOH & BM in our party. Me and MOH are spending the night away and treating it like a girls getaway but not much going on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics