Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia

Bachelorette anxiety anyone??

Terri, on July 31, 2018 at 02:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
So I’m that bride that has bridesmaids that know of each other, but are only really acquaintances.
I have three very big personalities that are clashing already. Im a pretty mellow person so friends with big personalities are fine because we even each other out.
We are going to a country music festival for FOUR DAYS and someone might end up dead.
Ive told them all before that I don’t want to hear about their issues because it puts me in a weird spot. We have to survive the weekend and the wedding after.
Best part is we are sharing an rv like a big happy family.

Help meee.... how do I deal with this??

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 31, 2018 at 13:36
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ease into things with some coffee dates and small dinner parties so that all the girls can get this s**t together before the big party.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm the same, I'm the most mellow person I know and most of my friends have big personalities because there is a balance. However having 3 big personalities in a bridal party is a totally different ball-game. One of my bridesmaids is mellow like me but there's the 3 who either will bond over common ground or get into catty fights with each other. I think it's best to have shorter get togethers leading up to the bachelorette as much as possible and finding common ground for everyone to bond on. Hopefully they respect you and don't get into any issues but big personalities are stubborn!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids all get along-ish - there are strong personalities (Okay, my sister, the MOH, is bossy, haha), so I feel your pain!

I agree - getting together for shorter periods of time before the party might be good. And finding common ground -

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't suppose that they have any common interests that they could bond over? Or perhaps... I hate to say this... but the best way to bond is by making fun of something or someone... like the bride... lol I know that this is how my sister and FH bonded haha

Don't sweat it - if anything it will show you who is a true friend by not getting into catty fights.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics