Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Babysitter for the wedding?

Jenny, on October 21, 2021 at 23:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
Okay, so there are going to be only five kids at my wedding (two of the kids are my own and two are my maid of honours kids). I’m thinking of inviting someone solely to babysit. How much would I pay this person? They’d be there to watch the ceremony and eat at the reception then when the dancing and stuff starts they’d go hang out with the kids in the “bridal waiting” room which we’ve been told we’ll have use of the entire evening. One kid will be five, one will be four, and three of them will be two.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 22, 2021 at 01:44
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Even if she herself can't do it, you can at least know what the going rate is for her kids. Whatever it is, I would maybe double it for the one night since she's supervising 5 kids vs 2.

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do not (only family have babysat so far) but I think she might but I’m pretty sure her go to babysitter starts university that year and I don’t remember if she's going to be staying in the city or not. I’m acquainted with the Sunday school teacher at my church but I’m not sure if she’d be able to attend since my wedding is on a Sunday. I’ll definitely ask my moh to contact her go to babysitter (I have met the girl before and she does seem nice) to see if she’d like to do it.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you or your MOH have a regular go-to for a babysitter? I would just pay their going rate. It shouldn't matter if they're watching you at your house vs a venue. That way it's someone you have a rapport with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics