Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Baby Fever?

Alexa, on December 27, 2017 at 18:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24

Is anyone having baby fever and wondering to move up wedding to have babies sooner? or to lessen extravagance of wedding to save money towards house renos or future baby fund?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on January 6, 2018 at 18:37
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The baby fever is definitely real - in the last couple of years, most of our friends have popped babies.

That being said, it's a no for us on the baby fever. We're extremely happy playing aunt/uncle and spoiling those little ones Smiley tongue

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No baby fever for me. I love kids and babies but not looking to rush the process. We would like to do some travelling before kids. Life changes a lot once you have kids! I totally get they are an amazing blessing and definitely not knocking anyone’s choices! I’m just not there yet personally. We have a dog and will likely get another before kids. My sister has a toddler and infant so we are happy to play aunt and uncle for now!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had baby fever (or baby rabies as one my girlfriend's calls it lol) for years. Before we got married we decided to wait about a year after our wedding to get pregnant but I am starting to feel like I want to move that "deadline" up a bit (I turned 30 a little while ago so that might be influencing things as well). Right now is not a good time as my husband is unemployed and we are still in an apartment but I look forward to the day when we can have a baby. We have already agreed that 2 is our limit but we do not agree on any names lol. We have tons of friends and family having kids so right now that is satiating my need for babies.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a unplanned pregnancy shortly after we got engaged that resulted in miscarriage and ever since I have wanted to move up the wedding so that we can have a planned pregnancy. We have tightened our budget for the wedding so that hopefully we can move into a house and be ready to start a family sooner than initially planned so because of it.

• Casey
    Frequent user November 2018 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aww this post is so cute! I did life backwards with surprise pregnancies so we had put off wedding due to having children and both scenarios are huge life changers.
    I know the feeling of being engaged and that rush of love towards eachother, that ends up in having children 🤣😉 In my experience, habing kids sooner did not take awau from that love, it intensified honestly. If your dead set with marriage before kids - do it! Enjoy the time you have together as a couple, travel, do renos, get finances organized and live together doing what you both love, cause hwy kids can get in the way of those things BUT if life throws you a curve ball... it's not a monkey wrench in your goals, it just changes times for things to fall into place 😊
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% me!! FH is adament that we'd make it work but all I can think about it is my 4 month unpaid field placement, degree graduation, move to a different province in August, finding and starting a new career and now an upcoming wedding. As much as I want to pretend these things dont exist they have to take priority. But oh man...as soon as that wedding is over. Babies! If I had the wedding funds secured now I probably would plan to have it sooner, unfortunately we have to do it sort of save and pay as we go so its not really an option.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just as I thought my baby fever might settle..nope! One of my close friends recently gave birth to her second so it's non stop pictures of him all over social media, one of my best friends is pregnant and about 5 other girls I know are pregnant too! Another one just announced it today.. I think the world has baby fever lol
  • A
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Adrienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Baby fever is far past me... not a fever I get to feel?! But I’m so happy for you all!!!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for 3 1/2 years now and both want more children. I have a 9 1/2 year old from a previous relationship. Through our relationship our theory about 2 years into it is if it happens it happens but now its hold off until the wedding as I want to fit into my wedding dress and enjoy the honeymoon. He tells his friends that we want 2-4 children which is mostly true. He's an only child so more than 1 is what we are aiming for lol. And he tells everyone that he's hoping for twins as twins runs in my family which he's super excited for. Names we haven't agreed upon. I'll be 30 next November and he will be 33 so we are not going to be wasting anytime. House, social, shower, wedding, honeymoon and then babies. lol

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend has baby fever for me! haha She just asked me when we were having babies!

Fiance's friends told us over the weekend that there is never a "right time" to have a baby. Which is true. But, we would like to have a house first if possible.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Crazy crazy baby fever but not gonna make any drastic changes to the wedding because of it. we already agreed that we will wait a year and a half after our wedding to discuss getting pregnant and only if it makes sense financially. it will all come in due time! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm experiencing it now but that's only because my FSIL announced she is pregnant, this fever will go away soon enough I think haha

• Breanna
    Curious October 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've had baby fever for a while but I'm definitely not moving the date!
    We are waiting to pay off the last little bit of our loans! We are also having a smaller wedding because want to buy a forever house, not a temporary one we will have to move out of!
    All good things come with time Smiley smile
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its a no from me on the baby fever lol... Too many grad student loans for that ATM. That being said, we are the first of our good friends to get engaged, so Im sure as more of our friends get engaged/married/have babies the baby fever will be reaaaal.

• Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not moving wedding date, but baby fever is crazy. My two sisters each had a baby this year. Wedding is in 4 months though, and since we know these things don't happen so easily, we can start trying soon Smiley shame FH wants as many kids as possible, lol, but 2 is good enough for me. We had names picked out a while ago. Too excited for someone who isn't pregnant, tbh, but I'm just worried that it won't happen.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely have baby fever!! My future SIL just had a baby, my one bridesmaid just had a baby, and another one of my bridesmaids is due in 3 months. Babies everywhere!

It doesn’t help that FH and I have been together for over 10 years now so starting a family is what we want to do next. We are “planning” on being pregnant within 6 months after getting married.

We have talked about baby names (well, I have) quite a bit. We’ve pretty much agreed on girls names... but if we have a boy... I don’t know if he would ever have a name. Haha. We just can't agree on a boys name.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding day is September 15th 2018 and we have decided to try and get pregnant close to our first wedding anniversary.
    We've totally had baby names picked out since we first met... lol
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We want another fur baby! Smiley love We will be waiting until after the wedding though.
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice for girls our top ones are Anya ( short for Anastasia) and Rinoa. For boys Soren and Thane
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We also have names picked out for both boy and girl!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!!! We have already discussed baby names (agreed on boys names but not girls!). And we want two (but lately I've been thinking three...) And, we've talked about waiting two years!! So long!!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was literally thinking about making a discussion about this today! I have mad baby fever and so does my fiancé. We wanted to try but unfortunately we have to put it on hold due to conflict with the wedding and planning. Not really feeling having a under 6 month old at my wedding. We already put deposits down and we don't want to move the date or lose the money so we have to wait 😢
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe Smiley sad Same, We also spent all this weekend picking baby names out we picked our top 3 for boys and girls names. We haven't sent the invites out but my parents have already paid for a $2400 wedding dress.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    RIGHT HERE!! I'm having baby fever like crazy. We just moved into a new house and I'm dying to decorate the room we allocated for the nursery. We had planned to start this fall but when my FH proposed in july, I set it back as I didn't want to be a pregnant bride lol now I regret not pushing the wedding back as I see babies everywhere. Unfortunately I can't push it now as our venue is fully booked for the season Smiley sad I now spend time buying neutral baby items haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics