Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sendims
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Average cost for ceremony and reception

Sendims, on June 18, 2018 at 16:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hello.

I'm just wondering what is the average cost for doing a ceremony and a reception at the same venue. I just got engaged and have no idea what prices are decent or completely over the top.

If you can give me an idea it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .

16 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 20, 2018 at 01:05
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on where you live and whT you want to do and how much you really want to spend. My mom just got a Wedding book called “Real life weddings on a budget”. It sounds interesting. Especially when you see what others did and what they were willing to not spend on.
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours it's going to hit close to 20k for 120ppl. It's the location, view, options for photo shoot and seated plate as well.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are renting our venue for $1600 and that is for th ceremony and reception. It has the outdoor ceremony option but also has a rain plan. They do all the cleanup and setup and we don't have to rent tables/chairs/linens or anything. It seemed to be cheaper than he quotes we got from other places and it's gone up to $1800 since we have booked
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on your venue. Mine will be 3300 plus alcohol for 75 people but i booked with the cheapest place i could find
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at about 15,000 for 135 ppl. We rented a bed and breakfast for the weekend which was about 3500. The thing that really got us was rentals at 4000. The tent alone was 2300 then every chair, plate fork etc. We are doing a taco buffet from an authentic taco truck which is $15 per person which will be about another 2000. But honestly it’s going to be the best time and by bringing in all our own vendors we are getting exactly what we want. However I’m getting into the tent renting business lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venues charge based on season, open bar and plated service. Cost per petson does vary especially when it comes to packages.

My venue cost in whole was $11k for 76 people. Vendors had to be fed
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony space is separate. And including sound equipment rental and the use of the grand piano is 500. Its owned by the city. So its cheaper.
    Our reception hall is about 400 for hall. And then food/taxes/drink charge (we have to bring in our own alcohol). Is under 14K (thats based on 200 people).

• Joyann
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is about $18k including ceremony, food & beverage (open bar and unlimited wine service, 4 course plated meal, taxes, gratuity) We still have to pay for photography, DJ, hotels, limo, florals, honeymoon, hair & makeup, the list goes on, lol. We chose a Saturday in the summer so super expensive 😬🤯. Good luck!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a private venue, it was our dream venue! I saw it online and fell in love and fell even more in love when we went to view it. It means pretty much all of what we wanted. For the ceremony and reception for the day as well as access to it for the week for set up/clean up costs us $2500. Not including catering or anything extra, just the venue alone.
  • Sendims
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Sendims ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow. Thank you all for your honesty.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on the time of year and day.
    We got double discounts for booking a date in the off-season and for having a day time ceremony and reception at the same venue.

Our total bill was $2k, with a 50% deposit.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing the ceremony at the same venue as our reception, but our venue had the option for it, and it would have cost us an additional $550.

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends! I went low with my budget, enough that i'd be find if i went over. The venue is the same all day so I paid about 3600 for it, but i also needed a planner which is about 1500. The food will be about 45-50 per person but also have to include a cake and cutlery and napkins. Need a bar too, the bartender will cost about 300, need insurance for the bartender around $150. Right now with all in, ill be around $11,000

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on a lot of things. Some venues will only charge you one fee (for both ceremony and reception) but others charge an additional fee for doing both (charge for ceremony and charge for reception). When I was looking these fees ranged from about 750 - 1500 just for the space in my area. These did not include any catering or bar just the space. The vendor section of wedding wire actually did give me a good idea of the average prices for venues in my area. If you want to get married in a church though they don't always have the price or it doesn't include the donation (around 200-300&dollarSmiley winking for the services.
    If you know what your budget is for the entire wedding I would look at spending no more than 50% on venues, food, and bar, servers.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

According to the BBB (Better Business Bureau), the average wedding cost in Ontario is about $30,000... and your venue/reception is supposed to be about 50% of your budget.

So depending on what your budget is, you should look for venues where the venue rental, dinner and liquor (including taxes, fees and gratuity!), cost about half your budget.

My venue is ceremony and reception all in one (upstairs/downstairs), and it's $1500 for the venue rental, with dinner & bar being an additional $8,000, so my "reception" is about $10,000 of my $19,000 budget. (Going over to include ceremony)

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We found somewhere between 10K-15K depending on your guest count (it being around 100 guests) for Toronto.

You also get the outrageous places that want $30K+ for the same thing...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics