Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

August 28, 2021

Kathy, on April 17, 2021 at 08:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 18

Hi there brides!

Ok so after yesterday’s announcement I am feeling kinda down.

We have postponed our original June 5th wedding. I’m not feeling very optimistic for August.

We are having a small wedding anyway (40 people) but.......sigh.......just not sure it’s going to happen this year.

What is everyone else thinking?

BTW.....can I say how nice it is having this forum to chat with like minded people! I think my fiancé and friends get sick of me talking about this lol

18 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on April 30, 2021 at 21:22
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed our reception and church wedding from last August to this August and opted for a small ceremony instead since we still wanted to be married.

This year isn't looking any better unfortunately so it will probably be just a small ceremony in the church. We decided that we would have a big five year anniversary party instead in lieu of our reception this year. My husband and I are getting tired of postponing and planning a wedding and are looking forward to moving on with our lives.
    I'm glad that there are others on here that are going through the same thing too. It's been difficult that's for sure and no one else that I'm close with understands because they haven't had to deal with this.
  • S
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We postponed from July 4th 2020 to July 3rd 2021, hoping that with vaccine rollout and summer things would be better. We are now thinking we have to extend it again but don't want to wait and have our hopes up yet again. Planning all this for the second time has been so stressful! We got engaged in 2018..and want to get on with our lives but also have our special day. I am also feeling similar to others on here that feel frustrated with the uncertainty of it all!

Wish we could know what will happen..wishing the best for everyone going through this, I feel your pain!

• Elisabeth
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Elisabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I postponed our Aug 8 2021 wedding
  • R
    Curious August 2021 British Columbia
    Rhi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya I live in Toronto currently. Thanks for the heads up about the flights! Hopefully we can both travel there for our weddings in August
  • Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you from Ontario? I am also an Ontario bride but we are planning to elope in BC this August (All my family already lives in BC which is why we had planned on traveling, but the wedding will only be 20 people max). Anyways I just wanted to give you a heads up that westjet currently has amazing prices from Toronto to BC for this August, and they are allowing all flights to be changed or canceled once due to covid if you end up needing to cancel. We were supposed to do the small elopement August 2020 (planned small even before covid!) so I am hoping we don't have to cancel again. Last year by August things were looking pretty good and we are rolling out the vaccines now so I am trying to stay positive but the stress is still getting to me. Good luck with everything!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have just postponed our August 7 wedding to next summer. With all these restrictions in place still and for BC gatherings are a no go until at least May long weekend (could be longer if they continue to extend it) We want to have a somewhat of a normal wedding. We want to have most of our family and friends to be there with us as well as for receptions if they are allowed by then, it might be the same as last summer where everyone would be stuck at their tables and not be able to mingle with everyone. Also they might not be able to have dancing in the evening and that's one thing we would really hate to miss out on. We want to be able to remember our wedding for years to come and not regret anything

• Sonja
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ended up “depression napping” pretty much all day yesterday ...

The current thought is that if we are able, we’ll still do a small 10 person ‘ceremony’ with our immediate families on the day we planned (whether we’re able to dress up and do photos etc. is another issue entirely..). A couple weeks later (or when restrictions allow) we’ll attempt our formal outdoor ceremony with whoever is able/allowed to attend, with the get-ready, family photos, and proper giving away.
    deposit refunds are pretty non-existent with all these small businesses suffering as well, so a 1st anniversary vow renewal/reception might have to be.
    It’s unfortunate but I don’t see the gov. opening things up on May 20th.... not with May24 weekend being right there for everyone to go wild on after being released. It might be early June at best ..
  • Amanda
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are in same boat, am May 22. Groomsmen outfit not ready yet
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The times are going to feel a bit roller coaster of up and down due to the shut down. The announcement did take everyone in surprise, except for those who may have seen this coming. The wedding date to be changed and taking in the idea of intimate wedding of the day may be optional and have the large celebration for later this year if it happens.
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugggg good luck with your dress!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement 😊

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are set for July 17th. I’m still thinking positive but I really have moments where I panic about what it will look like. My dress doesn’t zip up and I can’t get my appointment in now till June which is sickening 🤮
    But I think vaccines and the heat of the summer will hopefully impact life a little bit for the better. Thinks are bad now but last year we didn’t have the vaccine. That has got to help.

Your wedding sounds super reasonable and you’ve given your date a really solid chance to have the summer and vaccines to make a dent in things. I hope your wedding goes wonderfully
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 10, 2021 bride here... and last night I had a full breakdown. I’ve been trying to be so optimistic this whole time but the news just gets worse everyday and I feel like (without getting into politics) the Ontario government really isn’t doing all it could do reduce these numbers properly. It just crushed me. We’ve postponed our meal tasting three times, my dress is currently getting alterations and I can’t go for my next fitting because they are shut down, the boys can’t get their suits fitted, it’s going to be all last minute when it happens and I just hope at this point our immediate family will be able to be there. I used to hope for the best, and plan for mediocre... now I’m planning for a stay at home order and hoping for a lockdown Smiley sad anything more will feel like winning the lottery.
  • Sonja
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly the forum is such a blessing. People attempt at consoling in various ways but it never comes off well since they really don’t understand how depressing it all is..

We had originally postponed our wedding from August 2020 to May 21, 2021. We changed everything to an outdoor venue, cut the guest list to 50 etc. and had we remained in coloured zones (or even the 1 level “shutdown”) we could have gone ahead with no issue. With the latest announcement I feel like I’m going through this miserable grieving process all over again.
    These new lockdown restrictions are set to to (supposedly) lift the day before our scheduled date. So much uncertainty .. what if they end up extending it?
    My fiancé does not want to postpone again, he doesn’t even have his attire or anything of the like as we went into lockdown when he was supposed to go for fittings .
    I’m at a loss. At this rate we’re probably going to end up signing our paper out on a lawn in jeans and a T-shirt.
  • R
    Curious August 2021 British Columbia
    Rhi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know how you feel. Our wedding is suppose to be in BC this august. My fiancé and I want to get married no matter what so if restrictions don’t allow we may have to elope in Ontario. The stress of not knowing how things will be in the summer is so hard though. It’s so great being able to support one another in a small way.
  • Taylor
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am feeling the same way, very down and less optimistic unfortunately.

We are getting married July 24, 2021. Still hoping we can get back to the colour coded restrictions and have at least 25 guests at our private outdoor ceremony.
    Such a difficult time with the back and forth and the unknown of what will happen. Hoping for the best for everyone ❤️
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went through this during the last lockdown as our wedding had to be postponed because of it. We did our best to look at the lockdown as helping us - this is what should bring numbers down and allow us to have our (second) day! It was 2 weeks after our area opened up and we snuck in there just in time. Looking at last year, warm weather will help too. Going through all this absolutely sucks, but honestly made our days all that much more special and amazing! Hang in there!! I have hope for you!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's been a tough year for optimistic plans, that's for sure!

We got married last October. This time last year I had about 12 backup plans and I found that really helped reduce my stress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics