Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner August 2022 Ontario

August 2021 Wedding

Melissa, on February 1, 2021 at 20:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hello brides,
My fiancé and I have been planning to get married August 28,2021.
We have had this date set since last summer and pretty much have all our vendors booked.Recently with what has been going on with the COVID situation we are leaning towards postponing our date until next year.While this breaks my heart I just don’t see our wedding of 100 people being able to happen this year Smiley sadWe are going to see if our venue has dates available for next year.We haven’t decided if we will still go ahead and get married this year, just in a small intimate ceremony with our immediate families but are considering it. Anyone have any advice or suggestions for a heartbroken bride to be??

4 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on February 15, 2021 at 15:09
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s smart to postpone bigger receptions for everyone’s safety, but you can totally still take family photos! It’s a nice way to remember your smaller ceremony and I highly recommend you still do it! We did ours outside with each bubble separated by 6 feet/2 metres. Your photographer can direct everyone on where to stand but with everyone sort of staggered it can actually look quite good.
  • Emily
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey girl! I'm in the same boat. Our wedding day is August 7th of this year and we're now thinking of a plan B, even though our guest list is only 50. I think we honestly might just go for it and still get married on our day but just keep it immediate family, we also already canceled our reception. Here are other things to also consider for weddings this year:

- Everyone will be wearing face masks (even if outside, especially since everyone will want to socialize)

- Receptions are tricky due to all the restrictions

- Can't take family pics (again, this is only because we'd need to keep masks on, the venue we booked won't allow anyone to be closer than 6 feet without a mask on)

So yeah.... our plan B is to just have our 10 immediate family members and rent a cottage and that way it's just the ones in our circle and it's less risky.

All the best girl, it's such a tough time to get married!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As much as it hurts to not get married with the full guest list, an intimate wedding seems fair as it is a special occasion for you both. Postpone the reception at the venue for a later date to have all your guests present for a celebration to remember. Vow renewal is something to consider or just an Anniversary party as other solutions.

• Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there. I am in the exact same boat as you my dear. My fiance and I have been planning our July 17th, 2021 wedding for over a year now as well and have everything booked and ready to go. We will wait till at least March/April, but we believe that we will need to move our date to sometime next year as well. We have been together for 6 years so we decided no matter what happens we will still be getting married on our original date and just moving the reception to next year so everyone can come and celebrate alongside with us. If you and your fiance still want to get married I would for sure do it even if it is just small with family, and get a photographer still to take photos of your day. It is something you will cherish always, best of luck to you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics