Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

August 2018 brides and grooms

Vanessa, on August 21, 2017 at 19:07

Posted in Before the wedding 41

Hello Ladies and Gents, I have noticed that there are groups for people getting married in certain months and I thought I would start a feed for those getting married next August 2018. I know there is one in Manitoba but not a lot of people are responding to that feed so I will go for all of...

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have noticed that there are groups for people getting married in certain months and I thought I would start a feed for those getting married next August 2018. I know there is one in Manitoba but not a lot of people are responding to that feed so I will go for all of Canada!!! I am from Great Falls, MB. I will be getting married August 4th, 2018. Our original date was August 18th, 2018 but moved the date as we found out my FH cousin was getting married on the same day just down the road from us. What color schemes are you doing? What theme? How's the planning going? Have you found your dress yet? Let's help each other out and see how far we are all along during our journey to our big days.

Vanessa

41 Comments

• S
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I'm from the Niagara Falls area in Ontario. Getting married August 31st 2018. Planning is so fun and stressful lol
  • K
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am frustrated with venue searching. We aren’t finding something we can both agree on/ compromise on within our budget!!!!
    Other than that I’m excited to go dress shopping and do all the fun artsy things like decor and centre pieces etc
  • M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Mishekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm pretty sure he is thankful. That's really nice of sure. Keep it up 💪💪💪
  • M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Mishekah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations guys Hello from ottawa I'm getting marry August 18 . I'm so excited.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Vanessa!
    My wedding date is August 4, 2018 too! Haha. I think it was a genius idea to create a new discussion that's not province specific! It's kinda neat to know that there's someone out there who getting married the same day as I am!
    I live just outside of Edmonton, AB, but I was born and raised in southwest MB.
    We don't really have a theme for our wedding. Just simple and relaxed. Our colours are blue and purple.
    Planning is a little bit overwhelming, haha, but we're slowly checking things off the list. Neither of our parents really had "a wedding". They just did the courthouse thing. So we are kinda on our own, and we're just trying to learn as we go! It's a lot at first, but we think we have most of it down. We just booked our photographer, we've got our venues booked, and we've ordered some of our flowers... we still have to book the DJ and an officiant.
    And I have yet to even go looking for my dress yet! I have the idea of what I think I'd want in my head, but I haven't actually put a single white dress on yet. Haha. I'm planning on going to start looking in about a month or so.
    What about you? Where are you in your planning?
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats to you too. I took a wedding planner course back in 2015 so technically I am a wedding planner as I have a certificate in it. But its a whole different experience when its your own wedding. Don't be afraid to ask all sorts of questions I definitely am still asking questions.

• A
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats girl. We haven't done much because I am freaking out and can't decide on anything. So we decided to get a wedding planner to keep us on track and on budget. We do have a date September 15th but that is about it.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was definitely a big decision especially when you want a specific date 08/18/18 as the numbers look so beautiful on paper. It is my FH's cousin whom I have never met but since the family is small I wouldn't want them to choose between the 2 weddings. We also booked the same caterer and the wedding is just down the road from each other and they share the same friends so it would cause a lot of havoc. I've already started to make sacrifices. Hopefully he can start making sacrifices for me in regards to the wedding. Smiley winking Smiley heart

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Vanessa! That was thoughtful of you to move your date, I'm sure your cousin was very appreciative!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics