Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Newbie June 2021 Alberta

Artificial Flowers Anyone?

Raelyn, on November 4, 2020 at 21:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

I have been doing my research on artificial flowers and are considering doing them for my wedding as we are only going to need a bouquet for me and a couple of boutineers. Has anyone done artificial flowers for their wedding and how did it work out? Was the price more or less than real flowers?

Thanks so much in advance for all the responses!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on November 5, 2020 at 16:24
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended up doing paper flowers! We also only needed bouquets and I was having trouble finding the flowers I wanted in silks or real florals.

I bought an ebook with instructions and spent about $200 on supplies (crepe paper, hot glue, new craft scissors floral tape etc). My friends essentially made their own bouquets by helping out on a few evenings. I added some dried and faux eucalyptus for greenery. They turned out great!
    Artificial Flowers Anyone? 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say its worth it for the cost of what you would pay for real.

I did get white floral balls to go on top of vases for reception being simple and cost was $11 (vase + floral ball). Yes the price is lower for renting vs. purchasing at a higher price for just centerpieces.

An idea to keep in mind for what we did in the direction your heading.

bg-cover.gif

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing artificial flowers for our wedding in August. We went with a lady in Edmonton. Her shop is called Flower Affairs (10431 51 Ave). She is absolutely amazing at her work and great to deal with!

The price will depend on how many flowers you want as well as what kind of flowers you guys are wanting for your day.

We have gone with Calla Lilies, Anemone Flowers (they almost look like poppies), Leaves and Berries for our Bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. Then for our centerpieces, we have gone with Hydrangeas, Leaves and Berries

For 3 bouquets (one is a throw away), 5 corsages, 6 boutonnieres and 10 centerpieces, we paid just under $1000

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For something big like bouquets and centerpieces, you'll likely save money but unless you're going for some wild exotic flower that is a rare breed, the cost difference for real vs artificial in a boutonniere is next to nothing.

And just to give a comment as a guy, if you're not going to get real flowers for the groom/groomsmen boutonnieres, I suggest you get something that is very understated, no more than half the width of the lapel. Any bigger and it can look like he's wearing a giant fake flower that's trying to swallow his face.

• Ashley
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on when your wedding is if you can wait until clearance at michaels you will score some unreal deals! I just got a ton of fall stems regularly $7 for $0.70 and some bouquets regularly $20 for $2. So I paid around $20 for easily $100 worth of new flowers and definitely cheaper than real ones!!! Ill be able to catch similar sales at the end of every season until my wedding and its saving me so much!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics