Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maude
Curious March 2022 Ontario

Articial or real flowers?

Maude, on January 13, 2021 at 00:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 13
Hi everyone!

Just starting to plan all the smaller things in my wedding and I was blown away by the price of flowers. Has anyone done silk flowers or thought about it? I see some on Etsy that basically look real in the photos but I don't know how they look in real life. Any suggestion? Or if you know a good silk flower vendor?

Thanks so much!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on January 19, 2021 at 09:35
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our decorator is also a florist. So we are taking advantage of her mixed option. She is going to mix silk hydrangeas into the bouquet of live flowers
  • Courtney
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my flowers are artificial. My fiance is allergic to pollen, so that was a quick and easy decision from the beginning.
    After I got engaged in December 2019, I started to buy flowers from Michael's (a craft store) that were perfect for a summer wedding. I also scored some after season flowers on discount.
    We gave a budget of $300 for decor, and I think I've spent $100/150ish on flowers. I also got glass crystal vases at our local thrift store to put the flowers in.
    Storing the flowers is a bit tricky. I'm using baskets and buckets right now to make sure none of the flowers get bent or pressed.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They look really beautiful! The quality looks great in the photos.
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be honest I am not sure what the material is but they are champagne colour.

https://floralsforless.com/products/french-roses?variant=20649919447153

They are beautiful not only in the picture but in person as well!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What colour are the roses? Are they silk? They look really good!
  • Maude
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome. Thanks so much everyone. I didn't realize fake flowers could look so good.

Thanks for the help
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those look great!
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine from florals for less. They look great and won’t set off my allergies on the day of!
    Articial or real flowers? 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went in the direction of artificial floral ball myself since the cost of real is more expensive and not worth to keep after the event. It was on the less expensive side and looked grand.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought the sola wood flowers and I'm dying them and putting them together myself (I have been putting it off again since I rescheduled for another year and don't want them to get dusty or have to store them put together for the year). I should have enough for everything for about $400 with flowers to spare. I never wanted fresh because I have terrible hay fever.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing artificial, financially it was significantly cheaper as I can get them from a local wholesaler. Plus then I also don't have to worry about anyone being sensitive to them etc. This is one of my bridesmaids bouquets. Not completed as I found a nicer dusty miller I like to use in there.

Articial or real flowers? 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing artificial flowers for our upcoming wedding. We went with a local florist in our city. They absolutely look 100% real to the naked eye and feel real as well! Not to mention we would've paid almost triple the price for all of these if they were real!

We're doing Calla Lilies, Anemone Flowers (they almost look like poppies), Leaves and Berries for our Bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. Then for our centerpieces, we have gone with Hydrangeas, Leaves and Berries.

I only have a picture of them in a box at the moment. We just recently brought them back to the lady we bought them from and she's putting them together as we speak!

Articial or real flowers? 3

• Liberty
    VIP May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently reached out to a friend who got married in 2018 asking her where she got her flowers from (thinking they were real) and she got them from afloral.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics