Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Beginner July 2018 British Columbia

Arriving in a canoe??

Lisa, on August 4, 2017 at 09:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

My fiancee and I aren't really in to the walk down the aisle idea.
My Dad passed away and while I have sisters that would love to walk me down, we're trying to think of non traditional ways to 'show up'

We're getting married on a beach and were thinking the best man could roll my Hub to be in, and my MOH take care of me.

Would you guys take this risk?

Side note: He's in a kilt, Im in a tea length dress so once out of the canoe, we're ok to step in to the water if needed.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on August 5, 2017 at 10:46
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds so cool! I really hope you do it because i would love to see photos :p Yes there is a larger potential for things to go wrong, but itll give you special memories whether things go exactly as planned or not.
  • Lisa
    Beginner July 2018 British Columbia
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'd come from around a corner close by. They'll be facing the arch which has the water behind it.
    We'll each come from different sides hopeful timed right. .
    If the weather's bad we would skip it.
    For shoes. Flip flops or bear feet until or if the boat. Shake off and clean up the feet. Walk about 10 feet to where the guests are.
    It sounds so lovely to me with such fun photo ops and the element of surprise. Smiley love
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you can work out the logistics, it'll be great!!!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can just picture it, like a native peoples' wedding. Bride being paddled in on a canoe sounds lovely but what about the weather. I suppose you could take an umbrella. It would be so romantic.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds totally adorable but potentially fraught. What about your shoes? Where will your guests be located, will they be able to see you coming?

• Ashley
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that's a lovely idea, but you definitely run the risk of tipping. However if that happens at least you'll have a fun story lol
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd be worried about tiping... Its a very unique idea but the potential for disaster is there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics