Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Newbie August 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Army Deu's??

Lauren, on November 16, 2018 at 01:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hello Lovely ladies. My fiancé wants to get married in his DEU's and I'm just wondering if anyone else's fiancé is or got married in their DEU's and what your colour scheme was to go with them... since they are such a strange colour.

Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on November 19, 2018 at 12:48
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is in the canadian armed forces and one of his coworkers wore his uniform for his wedding and they didnt do anything special for it, as in they didn't try to match with him at all, and it was very nice! he stood out and there was no problem with it.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH was super against wearing his uniform for our wedding, he doesn't want the Navy to define his life. However I have been to other military weddings and I feel anything can go, he is the groom its ok if he stands out just like the bride will stand out. I think you can do whatever you'd like for bridesmaids but maybe have groomsmen wear grey or black?

• L
    Newbie August 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies! Canadian DEU’s are some weird shade of dark green (I added a link to show you a wedding of someone in their Army DEU’s). Obviously not looking to match him, cause he’s the groom and he’s allowed to stand out. Groomsmen will all be in suits. A friend of mine suggested champagne colour to go. http://www.evetraetto.com/2013/06/30/danielle-cory-meaford-wedding/
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Jennifer. It doesn't have to "match" just not clash. He is the groom... he can stand out. And it's not like people will think it is strange that he's wearing his formal uniform.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly you can go with anything. you don't have to fully match the DEU's. except obviously you don't want an extreme clash either.

a friend's hubby was US marine. which is a navy jacket and white pants. red piping on jacket. she did a brown color for bridesmaid dresses (fall wedding/fall color flowers). looked great.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this as Tori's options sound reasonable and I also know noting about DEUs!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know nothing about DEU's - and the internet shows multiple outfits when I search it... so.... if the colour of the uniform is:

Black - any colour goes!

Navy - still any colour but I would lean towards a red or another dark colour. No blush or corals.

Camo - well... if it's in December then red would work! lol otherwise maybe he wouldn't mind changing into a regular suit for the reception?

If it's not one of these colours - then google has been no help whatsoever....

As well, congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community! Hopefully I helped a little but if not there are always other discussions that I may be able to in the future!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics