Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Arm Lifts/tucks

Stephanie, on July 14, 2018 at 10:27 Posted in Beauty 0 9
Hey everyone!
Just something that's been on my mind... I personally am really self conscious about my upper arms. People say they're not that bad etc...etc... but when ever I see a picture of me and I dont like my arms in it it honestly makes me feel horrible... it's the first thing I notice in everything UGH
My wedding dress is sleeveless and I'm still a little nervous about my arms on my wedding day. I exercise regularly but I know you cant really pinpoint where you can lose weight or tighten areas.
Has anyone ever done and body lift or tucks? I'm thinking about getting an arm tuck done to try and help but I'm obviously crazy nervous and just want to hear any personal stories about them!
I should also add I use to weigh about 50lbs more than I do now so a lot of my arm problem is excess skin at this point...
Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on July 15, 2018 at 09:31
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Brittany,

I just wanted to give some helpful tips to help you or anyone else looking for toning that may read this and avoid frustration to be ready for your big day :-)
    Having worked as and years of experience as personal trainer, high-rep (12-15+) and low weight combination are more for endurance/cardio and fat burning than muscle building. That's great if you are looking to trim down.

For toning, sweet spot for muscle-building in my experience is between 3 sets of mid-range reps (6-8 reps, though it does vary) with short timed breaks in between and a weight that will have you tired out by the end of each set.

Also, if any video or program recommends doing exercise will watching TV (save their video), I would find another one. Any one watching a TV show has divided attention. They can't fully focus on learning the proper form at the beginning and are less likely to catch and to correct themselves on form as their body tires (meaning you won't get the best results and are at a much, much greater risk for injury - sometime serious, depending on the actual weight and excise). Any program that puts results before safety is a red flag.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I had a chest reduction done, they did liposuction on my arms, sides, and chest, to balance everything out and reshape and honestly it was awesome and such an amazing decision. Would definitely do it all over again Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone! I was worried about scars but I never really thought about what I would think is worse... scars or a little extra jiggle....
    Rethinking this alot now.... likely won't be proceeding after what everyone said! I think it's something I may have just needed to hear thank you!
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never had an arm tuck, but from what people say it may not be a good idea. I have also lost a lot of weight 3 inches off my arms and I will be looking into toning my muscle as well. If you were looking into something else I’m not sure if coolsculpting would work for the arms, I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Essentially they freeze your fat and it shrinks in size. You would have to see if they have it near you but it’s an alternative to surgery.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No surgery! Oh dear no... so many things could turn out worse and then you'll really want to cover up for your photos.
    I am going to be starting a low-weight, high rep upper body toning workout regimen. You can even just get some light weights for home and do it while watching TV. There are lots of upper body toning workouts, even some "wedding themed"... its not heavy weights, to build muscle, just light or medium weight to slowly tone the arms, shoulders and back.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't done an arm tuck, but I've heard it's painful and leaves scars as others had mentioned. I would recommend toning your arms to get more muscle definition (nothing crazy jacked though lol).

I'm a Zumba Instructor and I'm also qualified to teach Zumba Toning, which is similar to regular Zumba (danced-based workout for whole body), Zumba Toning adds weight sticks. These have sand in them like maracas and come in 1 or 2.5 pounds (usually beginners start at the 1 lbs stick and work up to 2.5 lbs gradually). The sticks help tone your body, especially arms! I'd highly recommend trying it if there's a class in your area.

You can search for classes here: https://www.zumba.com/

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't go for it I've heard the recovery is painful as well as it leaves scars, which are worse then the excess skin. Your wedding is May 2019 which gives you plenty of time with hard work and focus to minimize the appearance of the excess skin on your arms with a healthy diet and isolated exercises. Here's a couple helpful links you may want to read! https://healthfully.com/340236-pepperoncini-nutrition.html

https://fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/toning/5-arm-toning-exercises-to-tighten-skin-after-losing-weight.html

• Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are arm exercises you can do to tone it more but excess skin takes time to tighten. But getting a tuck is such an extreme and painful option when you can just wear a nice shawl or something for your photos! And like Sarah said, you can work with your photographer and do poses that hide your arms. There’s also the miracle of photoshop! Take the money you would’ve spent on a tuck and have someone alter the photos after if it really bothers you.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t do it! I have a friend who did her arms and she really regrets it because it does leave scars under your arms. She has told me she would rather have a bit more jiggle to her arms than the scars.
    If you are sensitive about your arms (as I am too) the photographer will have ways for you to pose that will make them look really elegant

Dont stress abot it. You willl look so inning. It’s more the look on your face that everyone wants to see

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics