Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Are your bridesmaids involved in your planning?

Emilie, on November 10, 2016 at 14:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hey lovely ladies Smiley heart

I'm so glad you chose your girls! Smiley love Are they helping you with the planning?

What are they helping you with? Smiley smile

Are your bridesmaids involved in your planning?

Image: Pinterest

12 Comments

Latest activity by Eartha, on November 14, 2016 at 09:20
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! I will definitely check out the duty list to see if they can assist with anything Smiley winking

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say it's been myself,FH and MOH helping out. It's not my bridesmaids fault as I have been proactive the planning part with my FH and MOH. Next year I will be asking for assistance in other areas such as putting the invitations together, guest favours, helping out with the wedding social and any other duties at the wedding ceremony.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honour (sister) helped me pick out my flowers, a bridesmaid hairstyle for the laides, and came up for 3 weeks in the summer to do little odds and ends around town, go to all those decoration stores like Michaels, Jysk, bed bath and beyond, ect... We found items for my centerpieces and things to make my table numbers!

My one bridesmaid has driven me around to look wedding dress shopping, find bridesmaid dresses, moore's to find suits for the guys to wear, we have looked at several shoe stores to find shoes for all the bridesmaids. She has helped me put together my save the dates, find a bakery for my cake, she has helped me look into honeymoons and gotten in contact with her travel agent she used to find out some infortmation! She also got me a discount on a makeup artist, my wedding dress, and for the guys suits!!!! She has been the biggest help of all and anytime I want to talk wedding things, she is the one I go to first!

My other two bridesmaids havn't helped as much but my one bridesmaid is my sister and has a daughter, a new job and lives in Windsor so it is harder for her to help. My other bridesmaid has been with me for a cake testing, to help me pick out my wedding dress and was with me as well to find the bridesmaid a dress!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey hun! I have a facebook group called "wedding 2017" and I have my 4 bridesmaids in it. My two friends are living in Oshawa and my sisters live in Windsor so a 4.5 drive from each other so it is harder to get all my girls together! I also post different things in there when something has been planned and when we were on the hunt for the bridesmaids dresses I would post different photos and asked for their thoughts and opinions on them so I could find out what it is they like and dislike! This also is a good place for the girls to get to know each other without having to actually all be in the same place at the same time!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Natasha! You should! I really liked Maly's suggestion, I think she's right. Smiley heart Maybe you could also organize an acitivity with all your girls that would be fun and also contribute to wedding planning? You could take a look at these ideas: 5 activities to do with your bridesmaids Do you think your girls could be interested? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really varies for each person Eartha, so you're not weird Smiley tongue I like Maly's suggestion to Natasha. If you don't know what she could help you with, maybe you could take a look at bridesmaids duty lists. But I think the way you did it is absolutely fine too! Will your MOH organize your bachelorette party? Smiley winking

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, ill give it a go

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe they don't know what you need help with? Your expectations need to be voiced. They have great bridesmaid duty lists on Pinterest! Start with that? Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally know they have their own lives which is why I have left them alone and have done everything on my own ... and I guess well now I just feel like I might as well finish everything on my own ... I dont know but the last wedding i was in i got involved in everything i could and helped in every way... I guess mine just dont seem very interest to me thats all....

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's completely okay to be over whelmed and frustrated!! But also know that they do have their own lives too. To an extent!
    Maybe try to talk at least once a day about something Wedding related to try to keep them on track so to speak? My fiance did that with his business partner when he was frustrated with his priorities. It seems to encourage and refocus!
    Good luck!!
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually have a little bit different view on this.

I have not really been asking for a lot of help from my MOH / my bridesmaid. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want their help, but it's more like I feel like they have their own lives and I don't want to drag them away from it. I've asked my MOH to come with me while I was choosing my wedding dress; but with centerpieces or decorations, I've kind of just done all that with my fiance.

Even picking pictures from our pre-wedding photoshoot to put into our wedding album, my fiance and I did it on our own.

Maybe I'm the type of person that gets more "confused" when there are lots more opinion. Am I weird? Smiley xd

My MOH has asked several times if there is anything she can help with, but I've just been racking my brain and I can't really come up with something to give her.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is something I am a little frustrated with right now .... I feel as if none of my girls are really interested in helping me do much of anything .. and its like pulling teeth to try and get them together .. I find I am doing most of my wedding stuff on my own ... or the random occasion my MOH can tag along or help out Smiley cry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics