Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2022 Alberta

Are you wearing your wedding dress to your small ceremony?

April, on April 24, 2020 at 23:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
To those of you having a small ceremony because your wedding is postponed, are you going to wear your dress? I don't think I want to wear my big gorgeous gown to a small intimate gathering. If you are getting another dress, where have you been looking? Trying to find something affordable but still lovely. Also, to anyone postponing, my heart goes out to you. Its not a great feeling!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Dawn, on May 26, 2020 at 08:53
  • D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am wearing my dress to both our small ceremony and postponed wedding next year.
  • E
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also decided to postpone....If I can find a dress no more than $100...I`ll pick it up. Only because we are having our small ceremony (original date) in our apartment court yard. Our orginal venue is indoor...I dont want to ruin my dress!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would!! why not show off your dress!!!

• Brittany
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! In the same situation as many of you and have decided to postpone the wedding to next year. We are still getting legally married on our date this year (October 17, 2020) and I plan to buy a new dress (no more than $100) for the occasion. I will be saving the dress of my dreams (that I bought in June of last year...) for October 2021. Hope this helps! It’s obviously not the ideal situation, but it seems this will end up being a pretty common trend for 2020 brides!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recently had my small ceremony and postponed our celebration to August (hoping things will be good by then! I didn't (and still don't) have my dress as it was in for alterations the week before the lockdown began. I ended up wearing a white sundress I had gotten at Old Navy for my bridal shower that was postponed last I checked they still had them and a lot of other dresses and they are super cute, just elegant enough for a small ceremony and super affordable! That said I think even if I had my dress I wouldn't have worn it anyways, I want my renewal celebration/day to feel special and I cannot wait to wear my dress and have the entire bride experience that day! Smiley smile

• M
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Moya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had two dresses to work with. I had initially bought a dress second hand off someone (decent price and very beautiful) but I didn’t think that was the dress that says me so I bought my second dress that I am absolutely in love with.

I feel like now that all of this is happening it will be the perfect opportunity to wear the dress I had initially decided not to wear so I can save my actual dress for our big day/reception
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore my dress to our elopement, and I'll wear it again in a year at our reception. I paid a lot of money for it! (Also, there was not enough time to order something else especially with shipping and border delays. I did check)

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't postponed yet but if we do I am wearing my wedding dress to our small ceremony this year. I'm then going to buy a new dress to wear next year. I'm not overly attached to my dress (I absolutely love it but I don't feel sentimental about the whole thing) and it'll be my silver lining for the stress of everything- 2 dresses wohooo haha

• T
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally I didn’t want to get all dressed up for the ceremony if we could only have 15 people, but after talking about it we decided we would do everything like we were normally planning to so we could get all of our pictures done that day, and then if we decide to do a reception later on it could just be a casual party with less stress.
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely going to wear mine! We'll dress up how we planned because at the end of the day, it's still our wedding. I want to feel like a total bride and how I always envisioned, regardless of who can or can't be there. My dress is also appropriate for any time of year, depending on when we do a reception/celebration.

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same, didn’t want to wear my gown if we went ahead with a small ceremony. Also, my dress is at the seamstress and won’t be seeing it anytime soon. I ordered a dress online as back up in case we can’t go ahead with our new date, and decide to elope.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't postponed yet but if we have to I won't be wearing my gown until we can have our big wedding we've been planning. The dress that I was planning to wear for my bridal shower is my "backup wedding dress" for now. Mostly because if things are still on lockdown I won't be able to get alterations done, and I'm storing my dress at my parents' house and I won't be seeing them in person until this is over.
  • Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was so unsure of what to do and actually bought a tea length slip dress to wear at the small ceremony and even told my FH that. My bridesmaids suggested I wear my dress and surprise everyone because that’s what I pictured myself getting married in and last minute I decided to do so. Everyone was surprised and my FH cried because he had no idea. To put in perspective, my FH wore his suit as well so it looked appropriate in photos. I’m so happy I decided to wear it! We have posted minimum photos but I plan on adding a bigger veil next year for a little extra.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those that are wearing your dress twice, do you plan to share pictures before next year?
    If so are you also having a reenactment/vow renewal ceremony?
  • Julia
    Newbie May 2020 Quebec
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ordered it on April 20th and they say it takes up to 17 days to arrive.
  • A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When did you order it? I'm wondering how quick shipping is??
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This!!!!

Part of me thought about a little white cocktail dress and the voice in my head says "hello, you spent how much on a dress you might not wear??".
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still plan to wear mine to our elopement and our reception later. There's a part of me that wants to get my "almost" dress for the reception next year, but we will see...

Lulu's has some cute white dresses, some are classified as bridal and some aren't. You could also look at Azazie for bridesmaids dresses that look bridal. Le Chateau has a bridal collection that has decent prices as well.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided to go ahead with a small immediate family ceremony on our original August 8 date and do basically a renewal ceremony and reception next August. This has been my biggest struggle is I have been waiting and wanting to wear my dress so bad as I absolutely love it but part of me wants to just wear something different for a few reasons, I kind of want to save that big wow moment to have with all our family and friends, my fiance thinks he would like to wait to see it as well for the big walk down the isle, and I am also worried about what if I somehow managed to wreck it. Also here in Sask they are having opening rules that places have to follow as the province goes through the opening phases. And right now it states no changeroom use etc. My dress needs to be altered still and if I can't start that in time then it wouldn't be able to be altered for the day as well. So overall I am leaning towards a different dress but I have been second guessing it because I would love to wear my dress at the same time lol.
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes and I would wear it again at the reception. Since the ceremony is small there will be a lot of people at the reception who didnt see me in the dress the first time so might as well wear both.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am! I don't care how small our wedding ends up being; I'm wearing my dress Smiley xd I'm getting as much use as I can out of that sucker.

• Julia
    Newbie May 2020 Quebec
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my backup dress on Lulus, they have very beautiful and affordable white dresses that are still perfect for your small ceremony.
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same way, I don’t want to wear my dress in August, saving it for our new wedding date next April.
    I’m planning to purchase a dress from Lulus online.
    They have a bunch of options of white dresses ranging from $70-$100 (US Prices) Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics