Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you wearing a necklace with your wedding dress?

Lynnie, on March 1, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 21

What's your jewellery plan for the big day? Are you wearing a necklace with your wedding dress, or are you letting the dress's neckline speak for itself?

undefined Photo by Yaylove Wedding Photography in Toronto

undefined

Photo from Bliss Event Planning in Fort Saskatchewan, AB

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on March 4, 2019 at 18:34
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think I'm going to wear a neacklace... I can't decide. I never wear jewelry. I've already added a belt to my dress and will have my grandma's pearl necklace pinned into my hair so I think I may just forgo any additional jewelry
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I have always loved them!! And i got mine from Amazon for like $11!! And it's really nice! Simple but that little bit of sparkle i wanted!
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im obsessed with these and this look but I'm not sure if it will go well with my dress.
    Also where did you find yours? I can't seem to find any to try that won't cost me a lot in case it doesn't work out.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be but I'm not sure what yet!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! I just ordered my dress so I haven’t accessorized yet! Hopefully I find something I like!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing the necklace I wear everyday... too superstitious to change it lol. It won't necessarily go with the rest of the outfit, but I would feel naked without it.

• Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so sweet. My FGIL (?Gramma?) has asked me to wear her pearl necklace. It's very pretty, and old and borrowed as well. Smiley smile
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing the pearl necklace that my mom gave me on my 16th birthday. I remember her saying that every young woman should have a pearl necklace and that I could wear it on my wedding day.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No. I was planning to; but then I found my dress and found out it has too much going on already and a necklace would be a bit overkill
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm wearing this! It's called shoulder jewellery and I'm in looooove~~

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Still unsure.
    I keep meaning to post an “accessorize my dress” discussion to get community feedback.
    right now I’m thinking earrings and a simple bracelet for jewelry.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, since my dress has a higher neckline. For this reason, I'll be wearing earrings, a bracelet and a hair pin/comb of some sort. Oh and a belt/sash.

I found this sweet Canadian artist on Etsy, and will be buying most of those accessories from them : Luna and Stone Co.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I probably should but I don't have one yet. It's a strapless sweetheart.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!! Smiley smile my dress has a sweetheart neckline and I will be wearing a choker that makes my earrings.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! But haven’t found it yet. Will probably be a simple diamond pendent. No earrings because I haven’t worn them in so long and I think the holes might be closed!!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore my grandmother's diamond necklace with my dress - something old, borrowed and meaningful to both of us Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will for sure be wearing earrings but I don't have any plans for a necklace just yet. That is something that will have to be picked out with the earrings and depends on if I wear my Great Aunty Anne's Bracelet (or wear it as an anklet if it fits or if I can find an extender that works)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, but it will be simple: not like Lady Gaga's at the Oscars! Smiley diamond

I'm debating two different sets of necklaces/earrings and haven't made a final choice yet (that may be a future WW discussion lol).

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was originally planning to wear my great-grandmothers pearls, but they sit right at my dresses neckline so I have decided against the necklace. Instead I will wear the pearl bracelet my mother wore on her wedding day and a pair of pearl drop earrings she gave me
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My necklace is my something old! It's my great grandmothers pearl necklace. It's really long, so I'll have to wrap it two or three times, and put a pretty sparkly brooch on the side to hold it in place, but I feel very blessed to be able to use it!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't be wearing a necklace with my wedding dress; I think it would look silly with the neckline! Plus my dress has both beading and lace.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics