Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

Are you inviting kids?

Zoë, on July 4, 2017 at 04:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

Hello everyone!

People always hope to bring their kids at weddings. But you have to think about a lot of things that comes with having kids at your wedding.

Do you want to invite kids? Or is it like a obligation? Smiley heart

Are you inviting kids? 1

pinterest

Follow >> Do I have to invite the recently new boyfriend of that friend?

If you want to ask a question or share ideas, open here a new discussion.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 23:32
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited kids though my side only. One of my husband's co worker son was a flower kid.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is extremely small. But we are accepting of kids of the ppl we invited.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're only inviting kids who are in our immediate family.
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have children in the wedding party and we have young cousins and nieces/nephews who are very important to us. So yes, we are inviting kids!

• R
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only people in our family that has any young children are ourselves and my fiances sister (to our nephew). Who I plan on being the flower girl and ring bearer. My daughter isn't biologically related to my fiance so she is a huge part of our wedding. Other than that, the youngest kid is like 12, so I feel that's good.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are NOT having kids. I will likely have my little brother as a ring bearer and then he can go home so the adults can drink and have fun. We are having a small wedding and trying to keep costs down, we also want to be able to have our friends enjoy themselves and not have to worry about chasing around their little babes.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At my wedding our venue has a separate room, which we are using as a KIDS ONLY room,. set up with tables and coloring books. Just incase the little ones get bored or overwhelmed with the large crowd.

• Tonya
    Beginner September 2017 British Columbia
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Laura - seeing as how it's only these two children (no one else has children outside the wedding party or have RSVP'd the appropriate number), we are, much to my dismay, letting it go. However, my inner bitch bride is saying let them be embarrassed when they show up with the only kids outside the wedding party.
  • Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness! This is my fear.... what did you do?

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not inviting young kids. We're keeping our wedding small so the only "kids" we're inviting are my fiances young cousins - youngest is 12.

• Tonya
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't invite children, other than nieces as flower girls and friends have RSVP'd for 4 - the adults who were invited + 2 children - who were not included or invited. Invitation stated Mr. & Mrs. only, not The Xxxxxx family....Yep, frustrated bride with 8 weeks to go.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My guest list of 150 includes at least 40 kids. Haha. Good thing there is a playground outside at our reception hall!!
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We invited kids. My daughter is going to need someone to hang out with and have fun with. Not to mention, most of the kids coming are family.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only inviting our 2 nieces to the wedding as they are flower girls. We didn't want kids at our wedding as we wanted to have a fun night with drinking and dancing etc. We also don't want screaming kids at the ceremony.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only inviting our niece and nephews as they are all younger than 5 and some will be in the wedding. Most of our friends are appreciating some time off and a weekend to themselves!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are only having my 2 nephews and 2 nieces. They are all between 10 and 14. Other than that we aren't having our friends' children because they are all babies and we do not want that haha
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are inviting our niece's and nephew's only, 7 kids total. It's an evening wedding so I don't think our guests will mind an evening out Smiley smile
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are inviting children to our wedding.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a mature bride (over 55) and the only kids at our wedding will be my 2 grandchildren. It's too costly to invite everybody's children and I don't think people should expect that.

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It'd be fun to have kids but we won't be inviting any (unless they are a newborn of course)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics