Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

Do I have to invite the recently new boyfriend of that friend?

Zoë, on July 4, 2017 at 04:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Hello everyone!

We all know how hard it is when your friend just found a new partner and they really want them to come.

Are you letting your guests invite a +1? Smiley heart

Do I have to invite the recently new boyfriend of that friend? 1

pinterest

Follow >> I don't want to invite my co-workers

If you want to ask a question or share ideas, open here a new discussion.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 19:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    New bfs to someone you know i would agree to say if you haven't met them in person.

I did invite one person and in return he brought his bf and mom out of respect despite the card said 1 guest only. That guy no longer lasts as a friend. Add to the chaos, didnt even leave any money as a gift.

As they say Beware!
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No plus ones. A lot of our friends are married so it is not a huge deal.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having guests with +1. Most of our guests are couples but even if one of them has a new boyfriend/girlfriend, I wouldn't include them in my invitations. I think they should be in a serious relationship before I would invite the +1.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley diamond I'm leaving it up to the person if they want to bring them or not. That is not an issue.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are struggling with this too. We are going to give them a plus one if we have met them and they are still with them by the time we send out invites. if not- sorry no plus one. we would rather have coworkers or others that are on the "B" list over a bunch of random people we don't know.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I kept my numbers small to allow everyone to bring a plus one
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have everyone a plus one except my cousins kids because I'm trying to keep the guest list down. They're in their late teens so they don't really require it.
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying for the wedding,... so we are not doing 'and guest' for the ppl who we know are single,... but if one of those asks us if they can bring someone,.. we will consider it individually.

• Ashley
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When my friend got married last year her parents payed for the catering and told her that only couples that have been together for over a year were allowed. If they were newly dating they said no. I thought that was a good idea so I am planning on doing the same.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We extended some plus one's to people in our wedding party and family. But I am not going to have someone bring a plus one that we as a couple have never met and don't know well at all or if they are just a one night stand type deal. We want people at our wedding who are their to celebrate the day with us and are special in our lives. Also giving a plus one to everyone would result in over 200 guests and well I am certainly not paying for that.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests were allowed plus ones but some weren't and we have accommodated them as we had enough people decline.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone gets a +1
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are allowing plus ones.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I would if it's not a new relationship, if it's serious (difficult to know sometimes!!) and if I've met the person. If my guest was coming from out of town and wouldn't know anyone else then I'd make an exception as well, but that won't really be an issue for our guest list

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics