Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you having a flower girl?

Lynnie, on December 8, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16

Who is having a flower girl in their wedding?

Who did you pick, how did you ask, and what are they wearing? Share all the details! Smiley heart Smiley flower

I've always loved the idea of "proposing" with a ring pop!

Are you having a flower girl? 1

Photo from Liv Chic Events in Oakville, ON

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 29, 2018 at 11:10
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did have 4 flower kids walking in front of the wedding party of entrance.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My daughter of Course! My FH and I got engaged in Vegas. I texted my mom that same night and of course my Dad knew it was going to happen (FH asked my dad for permission) and my daughter was at her dads for a portion of my FH and I's trip so I didn't tell her in case her dad freaked out so I waited till we got back. When I got back the next day I wrapped my hands around her and she grabbed my hand and she said "Is that a RING!!" FINALLY!! I said what does that mean and she said "I Get to Be your Flower Girl! She's dreamed of this day forever. She loves her stepdad so much. A year into our relationship "When are you going to marry my mom" year 2 "When am I going to have a baby brother or sister" we are going into year 4 in May.

Picture from Her Godmothers WeddingAre you having a flower girl? 2

My Daughter/ My Flower GirlAre you having a flower girl? 3

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did the same thing. Unofficially asked the flower girl and ring bearer but then decide against kids. Luckily no one cares, relieved if anything lol
  • Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made a boo boo by saying our friends kid could be the flower girl the day after we got engaged. Since then we've decided to have absolutely no kids at the wedding, it hasn't come up with them and I haven't seen the mom since (they live a ferry away). I'm really hoping she won't be too upset. Her kid is currently 1 so they won't remember.

So ultimately we are having no flower girl or ring bearer.

• Alex
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want any of the kids to be excluded, so we're having 4 flower girls =)

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally were going to, it was going to be my FHs goddaughter. But we decided against having kids at the wedding so now we are not having a flower girl.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 3 flower girls b/c we could decide on just one. One flower girl from his side and 2 from mine. We love our little cousins, and didn't want to upset anyone.

We are going to ask them all at christmas with a Pinkalocious flower girl book, some costume jewelry, and a picture of us.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes!

My best friend and I have really close families. Our parents are best friends and her sister is basically my sister. I call her niece my niece, so she will be our flower girl.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one as we don't have any little girls of the "correct" age.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having my partner’s niece, who looks super cute! We asked her parents instead of her, but I was thinking that we should buy some bracelet for her in order to make it official.
  • Tyra
    Beginner September 2018 Manitoba
    Tyra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We arent having one since there is no one we knoe with a little girl.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having my niece, she will be 3 and a half when we get married. My fiance and I made build a bears for her and her brother (our ring bearer) and asked them at our engagement party this past summer. Not too sure yet what she will wear but I can't wait to see her that day, she is such a ham!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having my fiance's niece! She'll be 7 and loves the spotlight. We haven't asked her yet, but we will start with asking her parents just to be sure. I am not picky about what she wears; she can wear a dress she already has if it is white or light or one of our wedding colours.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our eldest niece is going to be our flower girl. She will be 4 for the wedding. We asked her mom (my SIL first), and then I got a pearl bracelet that had a small rose pendant and a pendant with the first letter of her name. Inside the box was a little poem of how much she meant to us and asked her if she’d like to be our flower girl. Her response was: “I get to wear a pretty dress?!” Haha. We laughed for quite a while over that.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She's my step daughter so it was implicit that she would be my flower girl. I never proposed though now I I wish I had Hahah she was adorable. I commented on how she looked like a princess n if she feels like that n she says you should feel like a princess cuz it's not really my day it's your day.

Are you having a flower girl? 4
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have two! Each of us has a good friend with a little girl, we couldn't pick so decided to go with both. We just asked the mother's since the girls are under 3 and prob wouldn't understand a proposal lol. The mother's were so excited!

I haven't figured out what they will be wearing as they are still growing. I'll have to find something closer to the time. Definitely know there will be lace as all the woman in the bridal party have lace part of their dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics