Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you DIYing your centrepieces?

Lynnie, on February 24, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in DIY 0 22

What about your centerpieces? Are you getting crafty and creating your own tablescapes?? Or are you working with a florist or decorator to help you execute these big decor pieces?

Are you DIYing your centerpieces? Or definitely not??

Are you DIYing your centrepieces? 1

Next Question: Are you DIYing your signs?

Back to the Beginning: DIY or Buying It?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 9, 2020 at 15:18
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIYing... simple floral and gold accents.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are renting ours were having huge candlebras so it was wayyyyyy cheaper to rent!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did DIY for our centerpieces. We made beer and wine bottle lamps with potted plants wrapped in burlap.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIYing! Our centrepieces are going to be fairly small and simple, so there is more room for the entertainment on the table (board games).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We DIY’ed. Spray painted flower pots and even grew the flowers
  • Ashley
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DIY all the way!! Used dollar tree DIY videos to construct the centerpieces but you’d never know!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I considered it, but if I get my florist to handle it he's also responsible for getting them to the venue and setting them up, and I'm quite ok with that lol we'll just spray paint the bases of the cloche domes ourselves and use clear caulking to glue the fairy lights to the inner surface of the domes. And we'll have him the rocks and feathers. The rest he can do lol
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely DIY!
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DIY but all items were bought obviously and I didn’t do much alterations to them. We have a couple tall pillar candles and a few fold votives that will be wrapped in eucalyptus by our florist and then a geometric gold picture frame with the table number in it.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be making my own centerpieces. I bought the vases off of marketplace with the sparkly mat under. I dont want anything too big since we are having a family style dinner. People may need to put platters down. Are you DIYing your centrepieces? 2
    I'll be making a kissing ball for on top and a LED light inside. The kissing balls will be made from sola flowers. Reds, pinks and white with some greenery.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue had a ton of decor available to couples. I only had to provide greenery. So we borrowed them for the night. Didnt have to worry about set up or tear down!.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! DIY all of the centrepieces!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIYing these as well. Doing fall tablescapes.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Buying! I'm trusting my amazing decor/florist extraordinaire!

• T
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we are! Bought some Ikea lanterns which will be sprayed gold and some greenery + random flowers from Costco to go around them Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIY! We bought glass domes with bases from Ikea, fake roses from Walmart and spray paint that makes glass foggy and then we hot glued the roses to the dome base, sprayed the paint on the glass and voila! we had our frosty rose domes.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friend of my future MIL has offered to do our centerpieces for us. I have to supply the painted wine bottles but she is in charge of the outcome.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's the plan now after deciding to cut the cost of 20 centrepieces off our floral budget!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be left to the pros, I trust her and love her ideas so I think she'll do a great job.
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our centrepieces we are doing ourselves, my fiancé has been very involved in this part and sharing ideas of what we should do and how it should go together
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our centrepieces will be done by the pros but they're really simple - just some greenery with a few roses done by the florist and the venue supplies candle votives. It was actually cheaper for them to do it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We bought some pumpkins from the dollar store and spray painted them copper. Then added black numbers on them. Also got some glittery leaves from the dollar store and cut them off the branches to spread out on the table!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics