Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Aimerance
Curious April 2021 Ontario

April 2021 brides: How are y'all feeling? Keep or postponed

Aimerance, on November 22, 2020 at 03:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Lately I've been having so many mix feelings about my April wedding. I really do not want to postpone but 2021 is looking very uncertain across the board. For now we've decided to wait until the new year to see how things will be and look like before making any decisions. How is everyone else coping on their April 2021 wedding date?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Aimerance, on March 2, 2021 at 00:32
  • Aimerance
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wedding date twins! Me too. I'm really excited for my wedding as it's now a month away. Even though I still don't know what it'll look like 100% I'm just excited to marry the love of my life and start this new life together
  • Yury
    Newbie April 2021 Quebec
    Yury ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    April 17 here, we looking forward to it Smiley smile
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely get how you’re feeling! We postponed twice, our original date was May 23rd 2020, we postponed to August, and then further postponed to April 25th 2021 (which is our one year anniversary as we officially got married in April after getting our marriage license). I’ve got a small list of guests ready if we can only have a minimal amount of people, but am trying to keep hopeful that there will be further progression with a vaccine which will allow us to have some what of the small wedding we were already planning. While I’m doubting masks will not be a thing of the past at that time I am hoping there will at least be a tad more normalcy. We’re holding off til next year also on sending out updated invitations and are trying to keep optimistic. After postponing twice already my heart would be crushed if we have to reschedule for a third time, so we’re really holding out to have at least something small on our date 🤞🏼.
  • Aimerance
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow it's even harder because you've already postponed it. I pray that all of us April brides will be ok.
  • Aimerance
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel this. The crazy thing is there's no "timeline" of when things will be normal again 😭
  • Megan
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I don’t know what to feel anymore. We have our wedding scheduled for April 3rd 2021 postponed from May 15th 2020. When we postponed to begin with we figured everything would be normalish by April but now it doesn’t feel like it will be. For now we are going ahead with planning our wedding for April but I think we’ll wait till a few months before to decide what we’re doing. We only ever planned for 50 guests but we are trying to downsize to 25 and 10 just in case. I’m really hoping April will be okay even if it’s just a ceremony and we do a reception at a later date but it’s just so uncertain at the moment!
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally feel this. We are scheduled for June 2021 and we're like ok lets just get it over with - gone from so much excitement to a literal nightmare. If I am being honest I am so sick of the "but what a story to share with your kids/grand kids one day". Yes - but I just want our regular non masked, non restricted wedding. That would also be a great freaking story!!

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed from September to April, in Montreal. We recently decided to cut our guest list down from 120 to 50, and are hopeful we will be allowed 50. We also have a back up list of the ‘must haves’ if we are only allowed a few people, but are really hoping it doesn’t come to that
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With our October 2020 wedding I found having a few back up plans helped steady my nerves. At one point we had plans for an elopement, a family only ceremony, with and without a reception, with and without hair stylists and makeup artists (the scariest one for me tbh). The plans changed and evolved a lot as the restrictions changed. Hopefully you won't need a backup, but I found having a plan helped.

Also pick dates for when you need to make any changes, especially for things like invitations, guest list changes, or needing an outdoor venue instead of indoors etc.
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We want to wait until February to make the call to postpone or not. Our wedding is in June, but we have a hold for October. It's hard to plan right now, but I think the new year will bring more clarity into this covid situation.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its uncertain to know what's to happen by early next for making decisions of postponing. I do agree with Hank to think alternatives for ways to make your celebration take place for the full guest list and make your day special at the same time.

You two want to have that moment to remember and the day to be yours. Downsizing your guest list to family and immediate friends for the day. A full anniversary celebration/Vow renewal can be held for a later date to have all guests present. Sometimes the bad times do make the best to look forward to.

• Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Feeling the same way, our new date is April 16th postponed from August 1. I thought when we moved this far out I wouldn’t have to be stressed again but it’s really not looking that way.
    We decided to make a list of 10, 50 & 80 (originally 280) and proceed whatever way we can when the time comes.
    Sadly this whole process has made us go from the happiest day of our lives to “let’s just get it over with and move on” Fingers crossed we can have a small reception & not lose any deposits.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can consider a number of options:
    1) consider downsizing your event to a small group of 10 people
    2) consider just a ceremony and push reception to later

3) postpone altogether

Considering our covid numbers, I'm a proponent of anyone in the GTA before May 2021 to postpone the reception and keep ceremonies small.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics