Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Appreciation Post 108 days to 473 days

Amanda, on April 21, 2021 at 15:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 8

My fiance and I have made the decision to postpone our August 7 2021 wedding to August 7 2022

It was an easy decision to make because we want to make sure that most of our friends and family are there with us to celebrate and most importantly that everyone is healthy and safe.

I was talking to my aunt this morning and she said "It’s just one more year. What’s a year in comparison to a lifetime? Live life, make memories and love each other. That’s what life is all about for you both" That meant a lot to hear that from her because it is so true in so many ways.

Having to postpone for a second time, our venue and all of our vendors have been absolutely amazing once again and I honestly couldn't do this without them. They've made this process so smooth and headache free it's amazing. There's no other words to describe how great they've all been to work with.

Big shout outs to the following people Smiley heart

Summerhill Pyramid Winery - Nicole (Event Sales Manager)

Let's Dance DJ - Dan Wilson

Lichon Photography - Jessica Lichon

Kakes By Kathie - Kathie

Lasting Memories - Katelynn Harris (Day Of Coordinator)

Kelsey Brynn Artistry - Kelsey Allmark

Mountain Peak Weddings - Pastor Wayne Laurie

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 23, 2021 at 19:33
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It definitely has been very easy for us since we all have heard about other couples and their nightmares about switching
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was super easy to be honest. We had spoken to everyone last month about the potential switch. We had first asked our venue which dates in August were available. They didn't have any dates available for Saturdays but every Sunday date was still available
    They were also going to give us a discount if we picked a Sunday date as well. We picked two Sundays to ask all of our vendors. Then we asked them out of the two dates they were available for them and went from there. Luckily the date we really wanted, everyone was available for. So we chose August 7th. All the vendors and our venue penciled in our second date until we made a final decision about this year.
  • Jodi
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Was it easy to switch dates with your vendor?

I already have a feeling my venue is going to be booked next summer. And probably booking into the next one too.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The smooth transition of date changing sounds to be great since all your vendors are able to work with you to make your day happen.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. It really does help Smiley heart

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sorry you are having to postpone again. We are having to cancel/postpone our reception this year but we are getting married on May 21 with our 10 people. Not ideal but what we want.

I am so happy that you have such amazing vendors. It sure does make this crappy situation a little bit better.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you They've been all amazing to work with over the past 3 years. I think we've made the right decision and I do believe next summer will look a lot better Smiley heart

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry you had to postpone again, but so happy all of your vendors are being so cooperative!
    I really do think you’ll be able to have your dream wedding next year 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics