Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Anyone remembers restrictions around thanksgiving?

Maria, on January 23, 2021 at 19:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I am getting married on October 9, 2021 and would like to know how things were looking around that time in 2020. I can’t remember lol Just want to use it as a predictor (worst case)for this coming October.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Darlene, on January 29, 2021 at 15:02
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cases were just ramping up in Ontario. It's hard to say what things will look like this October.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanksgiving in the year 2020 was okay given the restrictions allowance of 25 guests outdoors and 10 indoors. This year would seem a less given the shots and restrictions lifted again to make your day happen as you want to the same numbers for 2021. Plan out A and B guest lists if any changes occur to be prepared ahead of time.

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my wedding October 10 2020 (thanksgiving weekend) in Niagara-on-the-Lake and I was able to have 50 people inside my venue. Vendors were not included in this count. We did it at a winery. The restrictions said you had to wear a mask when going to the bathroom etc but could take it off to eat at your table. Guests were allowed to dance within their social circles.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right before Thanksgiving, the Province put Toronto, Peel Region, and Ottawa back to a modified version of Stage 2. This meant max 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors, but no indoor dining if in a restaurant/bar.

If we're going with what current rules would apply based on the equivalent caseload at that time, I would say Peel would be in lockdown since they were seeing 700+ new cases per week. And Peel's Medical Officer of Health banned wedding receptions in November.

• Lauren
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 9 2020 they started increasing restrictions for Toronto, Peel and Ottawa because of rising cases, so right at the start of the Thanksgiving weekend because they were worried about people traveling to see family. Hopefully case counts will be better with the vaccines rolling out (even if they are halted for the next few weeks)

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/58767/ontario-implementing-additional-public-health-measures-in-toronto-ottawa-and-peel-region

• Rikki
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Maria! I coordinated a wedding on October 24th 2020 in NOTL Ontario. They had 35 people but were allowed up to 50, vendors not included in the 50 total. They weren't allowed to dance but had the intros and first dance and parents dances. F&B is consumed in your seat. Tables were social circles at the time, where it was reduced to households only shortly after (big seating adjustments for our November weddings). November weddings could still be hosted until 12am but in December this changed to 10pm event end time (no alcohol after 9pm) - again big timeline adjustments for this change. Plans A, B, C and D are good to do for weddings this year or you may be scrambling near your date to change things as per the restrictions.

Hope that helps!!!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think cases will be as bad as they were last year in the fall, but if you want to plan for worst case scenario I would not go with the restrictions they had last year. Part of the reason things are so out of control right now is because restrictions were too loose in the late summer/early fall. There's no way the provinces will allow 50-100 person weddings if things go wrong with the vaccine and we're seeing similar numbers to 2020 this fall.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on which province you’re in. I believe this past fall in Ontario was about 100 for outdoor weddings and 50 for indoor

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics