Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genna
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

Anyone have this imbalance with their fiance about postponing?

Genna, on October 28, 2020 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
If there is a chance we will have to postpone our wedding next year to 2022 this makes me incredibly sad.... Like it would anyone, however my fiance is totally the opposite. It's this weird?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 3, 2020 at 13:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Complete opposites and not a medium point to meet at all sounds terrible. I know your wanting to postpone based on the reasons given of the restrictions and he just feels its not needed. A compromise is what will give you both a secure way to know to proceed to get married during this time as it is with just family and friends limited and hold back on the reception celebration after the whole covid is clear.

I will say that my husband at the time did feel he didn't care except for a few things he showed interest in. Many other planning aspects, he felt the money was just a waste and going the alternate route of court wedding.

You two need to know what you want and how you can come to a middle meeting point to be happy and still know your making your day special. Formal even works if you don't need to go overboard on the costs. You want to wear your wedding dress twice, do it and he can still look good in a shirt and tie. Look at the good things in life and make it possible to work.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that everyone has different things they look forward to at their wedding, some want great food, or an amazing dj, and some people look forward to the celebration. I would be willing to bet that your fiance is mourning the wedding they had pictured (with their buddies and family and of course with you) and that could be why they are willing to wait and have the wedding you both originally planned at a later date.

Other than being sad about waiting until 2022, is there a really pressing reason to get married in 2021? Or is there a compromise like getting married in 2021 and postponing the reception to 2022?
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry this is happening to you and that your fiancé isn't giving you the support you need.

I agree with Kim that you should lay it all out for him and let him know how you feel. It's possible that he's trying to stay out of your way with planning and he thinks it's better to just let you make the decisions. He also might just be really stressed out at the thought of planning for a covid wedding - I can relate, it completely sucks and it's so so stressful, but I want to get married lol.

Once you have a really honest conversation with him about how you feel hopefully the two of you can get on the same page.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think the best thing to do then is to let him know exactly how you feel about it, so you can both decide on what works best for you. If you feel strongly that you still want to get married in 2021, maybe he can try and see it through your eyes.

I'm sorry you're going through this!

• Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also instead of discussing how to make it work for the current guidelines like limited people and isolation for those traveling he would rather not deal with it and discuss it and postpone instead. I'm worried he's more excited about seeing his buddies during our wedding than marrying me. His family is local except his dad
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He has no emotion. He simply didn't care
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

By opposite, do you mean that they are excited to postpone or do you guys have different opinions on actually postponing it or not?

Everyone goes through their different emotions on this type of thing, I think that you two just need to discuss it all and put everything out on the table. This way, no one can bring it up in 20 years and say they wanted things done differently.

This time is really hard for planning, so you're definitely not alone!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics