Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Anyone else freaking out about August?

Sarah, on April 19, 2020 at 13:32

Posted in WeddingWire 94

This pandemic is really screwing my plans up.That might sound selfish to many but whatever.I go to work 40 hours a week to provide for my family as an essential service worker so I have a right to be upset.I practice social distancing and spread love wherever I can but my heart is slowly breaking at...
This pandemic is really screwing my plans up.That might sound selfish to many but whatever.I go to work 40 hours a week to provide for my family as an essential service worker so I have a right to be upset.I practice social distancing and spread love wherever I can but my heart is slowly breaking at the thought of postponing the wedding. I’m waiting to hear back from one last vendor about the date and as long as they can accommodate it we will be able to breathe again with a solid backup for our dream wedding day with our dream team vendors.For now I’m putting 98% of the eggs in one basket and praying for this year but the realist in me sees it being delayed and it’s not fair 😢

94 Comments

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wonder when else would be a good time to reschedule to. My moh just got engaged and wants to get married next spring, and she was upset with another friend rescheduling their wedding too close to the date they picked, so I have to avoid that. My partner is in hvac so winter wedding is not ideal for him. 😞 I'm thinking I should ask more family and friends what they think. I know I should chose myself but I could use their help
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man I didn’t hear that at all but I’m in BC.Personally I would think October would be cutting it close if you are postponing due to the limits.
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it's okay that I update - we are going to postpone now due to what AB gov said yesterday (no more than 15 people at gatherings for rest of summer). I want to reschedule for October, but I have a few people questioning me if that's cutting it too close. All my vendors got back to me right away, but just waiting on our hall 🙄
  • M
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    Mikayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are the weekend before you guys and we haven’t made a choice yet! We will make the call on what to do in mid June. We won’t postpone getting married though. We will continue with our vows and do a reception later on if need be. I get how you feel right now though! I’m in the same boat as you. My personal thoughts are get married the same day as planned and make it the happiest day possible! You chose that date for a reason! My thoughts are I don’t want to look down the road and say August 2 was supposed to be the day we got married but we didn’t.... that’s my personal thoughts on it. But I’m very supportive of those who want friends and family physically there! Zoom wedding will suffice for me though. And call each guest privately to chat with them! More time for each guest to see and talk to me and my FH. Stay positive in these times! Hope all goes ok for you
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They're strange there's a couple of people that keep saying "no I'm not in charge of this talk to the other person", they don't know who's in charge of bookings, they don't respond to emails, voicemails, answer their phone, if I message their facebook group they tell me to call the number that they don't answer. I don't live near there anymore so it's a bit of a drive for me and when I made plans to drop off our contract I think last summer, they forgot and made me have to drive out again a different day. One thing I could maybe do is see if my mom can check with someone if she runs into them at the post office. On the bright side it's a small town hall so I doubt they have very many other bookings for next year but I suppose I shouldn't assume
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree! My wedding is in October and I feel like so many people are cancelling already, my best friend has a date for one week before yours, honestly both of us are holding out just a little bit longer... I don't want to give up on our date yet ☹️
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man that sucks 😕 is there anyone at the hall that is somewhat easy to deal with?Our venue has been a dream so much so that Stella (the lady in charge of bookings) is getting an invitation to our big day lol.I hope they change their attitude and help you guys out.
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you can always contact your vendors sooner rather than later to have a back up plan! We unfortunately did everything at the last minute and had to postpone really far out, much farther than we wanted. We initially wanted June 2021 and ended up in September 2021 because all our vendors were booked like crazy. It is what it is.

You can totally wait until June/July to make your decision but having a back up plan is always reassuring.
    I hope that even if you do make a back up plan that you don’t need to use it and have a beautiful wedding in August!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll try if I can. One thing that's been stressful for me is the hall we booked was expected of us by all of my family, and that hall is horrible to talk to. I'm not looking forward to it 😣
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You absolutely must share photos after the big day 🥰
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would contact them soon just to get the back up date you like.Many vendors are booking solid for later this year and remember if you book during the week everything gets cheaper.
  • Natalie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same. My wedding is in early September and just today I got in contact with our venue. They are holding a second date just in case our September date is a no-go. We are making a decision in late June/early July.

Wishing everyone good luck!!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    June seems like a good time to decide! Maybe I'm pushing it by thinking July. I think in June that's a good time to contact my vendors and dicuss back up plan.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds amazing!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have to start altering my dress in mid June so I think I will make the final call then.I really don’t want to waste money altering if I’m going to delay a year with a personal trainer lol.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our marriage commissioner provides the license in her fee, so its nice that we dont have to worry about it. Then next year we just have to show the church our marriage certificate and then it will be just a renewal of vows.
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel weird I hear of other weddings postponing that are also getting married in August like we are or dates later than us, and yet I feel like it's too soon to make that call. I don't want to give up on my date yet 😓 Don't mean to sound negligent of the virus I completely understand why people are postponing! I'm going to give it more time too and see what things are looking like around June & July. It's okay to be upset about this - 2020 brides are all dealing with huge disappointments and frustrations.
  • Vanny
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is awesome haha! I didn't think I'd ever come across a couple getting married at the zoo!!! I'm excited for you guys hahah too cute
  • Shawna
    Beginner October 2021 Alberta
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I love the pandas, and I saw many photos of couples with penguins!
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that's amazing!!! Smiley laugh Are you planning to take pictures with your fave animals?

• Shawna
    Beginner October 2021 Alberta
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We love the Zoo and on one of our visits last year we kept noticing how lovely the landscapes are and the gardens. The wedding photos I have seen are awesome!

It will be worth it!

• Audrey
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were to be married June 20,20. We’ve now postponed till next year. I’m trying to make the best of it but I’m still heart broken. Deep breath. New plan. Onwards and upwards take care of you all
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh thanks for letting me know! 😊
  • Nareefa
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Nareefa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is supposed to be August 28th, 2020 and September 5th, 2020. I am pharmacist. I risk my own health every day serving patients and random people that walk into the pharmacy and some don't take abt precautions what so ever.

We're in the midst of postponing our wedding this week. It breaks my heart. My fiance thinks I'm just looking at material things but I don't think he understand what a heartbreak this is. I did so much planning, so much research, so many hours, so much stress trying to make this happen and now I feel like it's not fair that I can't have those exciting bride moments.
    This situation sucks. It's completely messed up. I think it's ok to cry and be upset about this. It is what it is. I'm just trying to tell myself that some things you can't control. At least everyone in my family is alive and healthy and I'm sure I would trade a wedding for my family's life any day.
    Stay safe and just keep hanging in there. After all that's all we can do right now.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok so I work at LD and I verified that as of today they are still doing marriage licenses.As long as you have 2 witnesses and an officiant you’re good to get married.
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg you're the first I've come across learning that you're getting married at the zoo! That's awesome! Is there a special reason why you guys chose the zoo?
  • Vanny
    Vanny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey girl! What are you doing about marriage licenses and what not?
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is great news. Congrats!
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is August 15th and we have decided to wait until the first week of June to determine if we are postponing or not. We are 80% sure that we are going to postpone the celebration to August 14, 2021 but we are still getting married in a small ceremony on our original wedding date. It took awhile to come to a decision but ultimately we think that even if restrictions are lifted, people will still be anxious being around a lot of people and we don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. It's not fair at all, but I would hate for someone to get sick from someone else who passed it unknowingly.

• Megan
    Curious July 2020 British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just officially postponed my August 2nd wedding to next July, we have a lot of family coming in from out of province/Mexico so it just wasn’t worth it for us to wait
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m waiting until the last second to make the call but if things aren’t better by the end of June I’m calling it.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé pointed out the budget to me when I was on the fence about postponing lol.He said that every little thing that I thought was too expensive would be able to fit in the new budget so if the world remains messed up I will go ahead and postpone..Means I get an actual photo booth and not a DIY project and the kids will love having an ice cream machine,slushy maker and a popcorn machine instead of just the icecream.If I have to postpone I’m also going to work in a personal trainer for the two of us to look even more amazing on the big day.Of course the goal is to have our wedding this August but the extra benefits of waiting are making it all ok no matter what happens.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics