Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Anyone Diy-ing a Desert Table or Candy Bar?

Marcia, on April 21, 2018 at 17:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Are any of you brides DIY-ing a desert table or candy bar? Where will you be getting your treats from? Baking it yourself, bulk buy, or leaving it up to the professionals? I'm DIY-ing my desert/candybar table but would love some cost friendly ideas!

Candy Bar

Anyone Diy-ing a Desert Table or Candy Bar? 1

Desert TableAnyone Diy-ing a Desert Table or Candy Bar? 2

11 Comments

Latest activity by Karen, on April 26, 2018 at 12:39
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cake vendor offered to decorate it themselves. We ordered fruits and some sweets as well. So i got lucky that I don't have to do it.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well, a pie station would just be amazing! If I were having an autumn wedding I’d have one ☺️
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So does ours but I really thing a pie station would just add the extra touch to our fall inspired wedding!! Smiley winking
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a late-night dessert table build in to our price, so no DIY for us.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a bunch of desserts from local places and had those to offer. Some of them were vegan and gluten-free for some of our guests who have dietary restrictions.

• Kristina
    Beginner August 2019 Quebec
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing my own, I am a Chef but I still am keeping it simple. We are doing 4 different style mini pies, dough and crusts will be rolled and prepped in advance, so we can freeze and then fill, bake, 2 days before. I am making my cake- as everything also has to be gluten free, using fondant and sugar paste flowers and hearts to decorate, which can be made months in advance (flowers) bcs they never go bad. We are also offering cookies, we can pre-make dough or bake a week before and freeze. Filler on the table will be S'mores bark and fresh fruit kebabs, for people who want a healthy option. The only addition are macarons that a French pastry shop is making to save me time. I recommend doing what feels comfortable, keep it simple, and incorporate family recipes that are beloved. It will make it all feel personalized and you can be happy knowing the quality of the ingredients. Ps. I am baking chocolate cookies as the send off thank you gift.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance is Italian and his family always bakes a crap ton of cookies and sweets for Weddings. His grandmother makes canolli, shells AND filling, from scratch (!) And fills them herself right before serving . We're just having whoever wants to bake bring their own serving ware. That way, they are responsible for it at the end of the night Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a cookie bar with candy accents. We are going to buy the candy and then we are going to make some cookies and we asked my fiancé's mémère and mom make cookies (as they always make cookies all the time it seems lol). We are going to make them in the next month or so and freeze them until my wedding in July.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom is setting up a candy table for my wedding in June, we got the crystal from dollarama ! We are getting chocolate from a local chocolate factory and buying bulk candy.
    it will be on a lace table cloth

Anyone Diy-ing a Desert Table or Candy Bar? 3
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've done dyi candy table not for wedding tho. I got my candies at bulk burn esp when they are in sale with coupon on top! I also scored at dollartree with their bowls to put them in and tongs.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not doing a candy table. Instead we are doing small cakes and lots of fresh fruit

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics