Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Any wedding planning this weekend? What's on your checklist?

Emilie, on October 29, 2016 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 39

Morning wonderful brides Smiley heart

Are you waking up with a venue to visit, or a few cakes to taste? Smiley love

39 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on November 2, 2016 at 08:13
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Glad you found a venue Smiley smile
  • Lyvs
    Newbie May 2017 Ontario
    Lyvs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know it's late but we did do venue shopping this weekend and we got a winner "Carmen's". We were looking for dates during the May long weekend and luckily for us, a spot became available and we booked it. So excited and now working on the guest list.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie, I am glad that a lot has been organized in such a period time from help by others who have step in. My FH did not dress for comic con but he told me had a great time. This was a good weekend to focus a bit more energy on the wedding social. I will be posting more topics on here and a post-social review as well!Smiley heart
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The lake is in Chilliwack where he lives, there are so many out there! We love going for walks despite how lazy we are
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes they are my friends wedding in the summer of 2015. I was supposed to be a bridesmaid but financially I couldn't afford it at the time so I wasn't apart of the wedding! I do know the type of makeup I like and we are going to do a trail run most likely for my bridal shower next year.... I would have done it for my engagement photos but I booked the makeup artist after my photos!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm on hold with the permit office to get our permit for the park ceremony!! Wish me luck Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I watch EVERYTHING (the film festival here in Toronto is like Christmas 2 for me!)... but he's far more picky. He likes the typical action/adventure stuff, but he'll surprise me every once in awhile with being into something random I'm watching. I pretty much just put movies on and he'll decide if he wants to watch or do something else lol

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Inviting 70 But quite a few guests are long distance and have health issues so might not be able to travel Smiley sad I thought about making the invites as I'll only need about 35 (we're sending per household) I still need to think on that. Because I saw a site called elegant wedding invitations and they have cards for like $1.50 each! With free RSVP cards and envelopes! I just don't know 100% about this place because it's historical and doesn't have wheel chair accessibility. And there are 3 stairs up the front door. I'm looking into a ramp rental or something. I'm in love with this place and it's the only place I've found to fit our budget. But grandma comes first! Smiley sad
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing Cheryl!! Smiley heart I'm glad you found what you were looking for! It's so nice to have a lake near where you live! Is this one of your favourite acitvities to do together? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Simone!! I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! Smiley heart Things seem to have been a bit calmer for you on the wedding planning side and it's great to take some time to relax! Smiley smile What did your FH dress as for the Comic Con?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it Maly!! This is so cute and intimate! Smiley love How many people will you be inviting? What's your next step on your planning? Will you be making your own invitations!!? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Valerie! I'm glad you took time to relax Smiley smile I look forward to hear about your cake tasting!! Smiley love

Does your FH like love movies? What kind of movies do you watch together? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this hairstyle for your bridesmaids, Chelsea!! Smiley heart This is going to look amazing!! I can't wait to see how it will all look like with their dresses!!

The first pictures are from your friend's wedding? It looks like she had such a beautiful wedding!! Smiley love Were you one of her bridesmaids? I really like the hairstyle she went for! Wavy loose hair are definitely a classic! Do you know what makeup you'll like?

Do you have any trials with the beauty salon you booked?

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found a great rental place, Long and McQuade which is very well known! Definitely not, we just went on a nice relaxing walk around a lake.
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie, this weekend he surprised me by buying some classic wrestling and a movie "Straight Out Of Compton". We spent time together and he went to Comic Con (Comics, Anime and graphic expo)! I got to hang out with my friend and I brought her up to speed with the planning and she has agreed to be our MC for the reception. Smiley heart I will keep everyone posted!Smiley smile
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks!! I love it!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Em! I ended up doing not much on the wedding front... chores and lazing around won out Smiley winking . I did decide to book 1 more cake tasting before deciding

To relax we love movies, tv and video games

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Maly, that is so pretty!!!

• Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's how it looks set up for a wedding. I got the pictures from their Facebook page. Smiley love

Any wedding planning this weekend? What's on your checklist? - 1

Any wedding planning this weekend? What's on your checklist? - 2
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This si so amazing Chelsea!! Smiley star I'm so glad you were able to check that off your list so unexpectedly! I can't wait to see a picture of how everyone's makeup is going to look like!

You can share your opinion in these discussions! I can't wait to see which style you prefer! Smiley smile

10 Summer Makeup Styles

Modern or Vintage? Wedding Makeup

8 bridal makeup styles for your wedding

What hairstyle will you be going for? Will your bridesmaids have the same? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cheryl! Smiley heart That's great! Will you be renting your sound system from someone or did you find a place to rent it from? I'm so glad you're finding somwhere relaxing!! Is this the place you'll go for your honeymoon? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's amazing Chelsea! Smiley heart Way to go! Will that be adding a lot of people to your list? Do you have just the right amount of guests or did you have to cut down?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't wait to see what you've been up to Valerie!! Smiley heart I hope you had an amazing weekend with your FH!

What's your favourite thing to do together to relax? Smiley catface

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Simone!! I'm glad you've been taking it easy over the weekend! It must have felt so great! You've done so much already! Smiley heart I can't wait to see which dress you'll choose!!!! Keep us posted!

What's your favourite weekend activity to do with your FH to relax from wedding planning? Smiley catface

I hope you two had an amazing weekend xx

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Maly!! I'm so glad to hear it! Smiley heart Show us picture when you can! I can't wait to see the style you'll go for! Smiley smile

What are your DIY ideas for decorating?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just checked another thing off my list that was sort of unexpected!! One of my bridesmaids won a free boudoir session and got her hair and makeup done! She sent me a photo of the final product of her hair and makeup and the first thing I said was "I want them for our makeup for my wedding" .... I looked up pricing and said no way as it said bridal makeup is $120 per person. I want to pay for the girls hair and makeup, as they are paying for dress, shoes, and hotel stay and that cost was too high! BUT I got a "friend" discount and got the price down to $65 a person which is what I have been finding to be the price everywhere I look!
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No problem!! That's what I'm here for!
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This weekend we decided to go somewhere relaxing after the reception. We also have an idea of what sound system to rent!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is such a good idea! I never thought of doing something like that! I have a few people I keep wanting to put on the list but I know it just isn't realistic to pay for them! I think I might be stealing your idea! haha

• Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For that we made two lists! The A-listers were the absolute must haves! And list B were list A plus all the people we'd love to invite but maybe can't because of budget or venue capacity. We will be sending out invites to list A and depending on how many rsvp for "can't make it" we send that many invites from list B to fill in! I know it sounds harsh! But it's a miracle idea!
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Maly! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics